GA-Z68AP-D3 rev. 1
CPU
i2500K @4.4GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970 G1
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is it possible to have HDMI audio now?

I am using Chameleon and Yosemite 10.10.2.
In DPCIManager I can see nVidia in audio section
Zrzut ekranu 2015-04-04 17.21.19.png
I have tried DSDT and SSDT option but no luck, system prefs not showing HDMI device.

For some reason still not working. I have also tried with file in version 1.1.

I'm thinking to reinstall system and try from scratch, but I'd prefer to avoid that.

I used to have Radeon with working HDMI audio before on same installation and have a feeling that I didn't replace all files I modified before upgrading to nvidia. Unfortunatly I don't remember what changes I did.

Maybe that part of log gonna be helpful (all about audio):
--------------------------------- AUDIO DEVICE INFO -
--------------------------------
Class code: [0403]
Model name: Unknown HD Audio device, vendor 10de, model 0fbb [10de:0fbb] (rev a1)
Subsystem: [1458:366a]
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)
device number: 2

- AUDIO DEVICE INFO -
Using user supplied HDEF layout-id: 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Class code: [0403]
Model name: Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1c20] (rev 05)
Subsystem: [1458:a002]
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)
device number: 3

That's really strange - it's working great on my 970. All I can say is to make sure you don't have any modified audio kexts (no VoodooHDA stuff, none of toleda's modifications, default AppleHDA). If you're working from a fresh system (in terms of audio) this should be working.

What you could also do is try VoodooHDA if you haven't.

OK, so I've installed voodoo and now I have HDMI sound, but it's working in stereo only. In midi configurator I can't hear any sound on any other speakers than left and right.
Playing any sound file in VLC makes system freeze.

All that means for me it should work without voodoo but something is wrong with kexts probably.
Any ideas?

Yes, that does sound like your kexts are broken. VoodooHDA works independently of AppleHDA, so if there is something wrong with AppleHDA it would explain why VoodooHDA works and andre's kext does not. Restore your AppleHDA kext to default, either by finding it online and installing it or by applying a combo update.

@toleda:

Many of us have used and appreciate your HDMI solution, but, unless I'm mistaken, this forum is not dedicated to it. Andre's solution works well, and if it can help someone enable HDMI audio on their Hackintosh it shouldn't be censored.

how did you get hdmi audio working

i did fresh install of Yosemite and i couldnt get hdmi audio working on my gtx 970 how did you do it, please help thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back