Palit GTX-580 3gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Everyone,
Having some problems with my nvidia GTX580 and mountain lion 10.8.2. Cant get the dual monitors to work. Cant find anything in the forums that fixes it.

Heres a little summary of details
boot - boots on left screen, through chimera, and then left screen goes blank and right screen is operational as normal. In the boot i get a Nvidia ROM patching failed. have searched the web and cant find much on this.
Fixes - I have updated to the latest nVidia drivers for 10.8.2. I have tried GraphicsEnabler=No and after boot i get two blank screens. I have tried combinations of DVI and HDMI cables through the different ports.

Hardware:
MB: GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0 - FE
GPU: Palit GTX580 3gb

Anyone have any ideas?

just bumping this back up.
Also, besides this there are no other problems with install. everything else is fine.
Cheers

I'm having this issue as well. Only HDMI works on boot, DVI works if I unplug HDMI after boot. OSX 10.8.4 Nvidia GTX-580
MSI P67-GD65

Everything else seems to work great! 3d graphics works well too

If the resolution issue above is not applicable, try setting your internal GPU as the primary/init first in BIOS and then connect your two displays to the GTX580. You won't get any display output until OS X initializes, but it should work well. When doing upgrades or testing, just connect a display to the Intel integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back