Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 4 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello folks,
Looking for some help in determining a good graphics card to replace my gtx 970 with a Mojave compatible one , with similar performance.

Hello folks,
Looking for some help in determining a good graphics card to replace my gtx 970 with a Mojave compatible one , with similar performance.

I believe a RX 570 or RX 580 will be your best bet as they are natively supported in High Sierra and Mojave.

I believe a RX 570 or RX 580 will be your best bet as they are natively supported in High Sierra and Mojave.
I see so move away from Nvidia altogether?

Thanks for the guidance

I see so move away from Nvidia altogether?

Thanks for the guidance.

Yes, as Nvidia has not released Mojave web drivers for current Nvidia graphics cards (Pascal series GTX 10xx and Turing series RTX 20xx) so they won't work fully in Mojave. Your GTX 970 also won't work fully in Mojave for the same reason.

Nvidia will release new drivers soon and you can use your 970. They just waiting for Apple to sign certificate.

Here's an update from Nvidia yesterday (10/18.2018):

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 10.24.52 AM.png

Source: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1042279/?comment=5286813

Seems like Nvidia is nowhere near ready with drivers and are looking for help from Apple.

They also seem to be trying to divert blame by saying Apple has full control of drivers. But they can always release unsigned drivers if they wanted to...

Pastrychef, I think you're spot on. Nvidia is saying "we're ready, Apple just have to publish it" but when you have a 10+ page form about 10.14 support and a poll asking "Wait for Nvidia driver or switch to AMD," I feel like they could release a beta or an unsigned release like you suggested.

I'm thinking of switching to a RX 570 8GB. Anyone running Mojave with that yet?

I just replaced my GTX 970 with and RX 580, I then upgraded to Mojave, and all is good :)

I had lots of trouble with the GTX 970 in High Sierra too, It was always laggy and I ended up downgrading to Sierra and keeping it that way until I got the RX 580 and then upgraded to Mojave. It does not seem like Nvidia support for macOS is much of a priority...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back