Contribute
Register

GTX 970 Mojave replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I just swapped my EVGA GTX 970 4G with an XFX RX570 8GB (full names in case someones searching for them) and oh my gosh it's smooth. No lag, no jitters or anything. Looks like I'm an AMD guy now!

Wow, I just swapped my EVGA GTX 970 4G with an XFX RX570 8GB (full names in case someones searching for them) and oh my gosh it's smooth. No lag, no jitters or anything. Looks like I'm an AMD guy now!

I've tried to tell people that my Vega 56 is a lot smoother than my GTX 1080 was but many don't believe me.... It's hard to quantify how much smoother things are.

I'm looking to build a hackintosh around a EVGA 980 to also double as a ML box and realized about the sad Mojave situation. The reason most people likely do not want to consider amd is because they use it for machine learning/cuda purposes...

RX570 does it matter the brand name like if i buy msi or asus ?
and also dose 8GB or 4GB matter ?
because it's very expensive in my country .
i am going to buy
ASUS Expedition Radeon RX 570 OC 4GB
is it ok ?

Last edited:
RX570 does it matter the brand name like if i buy msi or asus ?
and also dose 8GB or 4GB matter ?
because it's very expensive in my country .
i am going to buy
ASUS Expedition Radeon RX 570 OC 4GB
is it ok ?
You won't notice a huge difference between 4GB and 8GB. If you're looking to do high-end rendering or video work maybe look into the 8GB but your computer doesn't take advantage of the extra memory unless it's using a specific application. (Extra ram on the card doesn't mean it's extra ram on your computer)

Hey man, i bought the 580 and had issues with the system being stable, so i sold it again on Ebay. I am interested in giving the 570 a shot. Did you have to do anything special in terms of Kexts or config?

Hey man, i bought the 580 and had issues with the system being stable, so i sold it again on Ebay. I am interested in giving the 570 a shot. Did you have to do anything special in terms of Kexts or config?

Oh that's a bummer the 580 didn't turn out. Mine was a plug and play. A couple people recommend the "Deinit" option in Clover to help Mojave recognize and run the card perform properly. I didn't end up using it but ya it's a great card on Mojave, I preview 4K60 things on my system and it's amazing. Hope that helps!

Oh that's a bummer the 580 didn't turn out. Mine was a plug and play. A couple people recommend the "Deinit" option in Clover to help Mojave recognize and run the card perform properly. I didn't end up using it but ya it's a great card on Mojave, I preview 4K60 things on my system and it's amazing. Hope that helps!
Thanks, i appreciate it. I ordered the same card and it should be here sometime this week. I will report back on my experience for those that have the same setup i have. They can check my profile.

I just ordered the 570 Nitro+. I would rather have gotten the Pulse, but they are more or less identical and I scored the Nitro for $159. If it is not OOTB functional then I can swap it. Going from a GTX 950, this should be a great step up and meet my needs.

I just ordered the 570 Nitro+. I would rather have gotten the Pulse, but they are more or less identical and I scored the Nitro for $159. If it is not OOTB functional then I can swap it. Going from a GTX 950, this should be a great step up and meet my needs.

Nitro+ RX 570 works OOB in my system (Z370 Gaming 7, 8700K, 10.14.1, iMac 18.3). Have not checked multiple monitors, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back