Contribute
Register

GTX 970 / GTX 980 are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone with these cards in SLI had the problem where whichever card their monitor is plugged into, OS X outputs from the other?

It's getting very tedious switching the DP cable every time I boot!

What do you think about stability when you work with GTX 980? How long have you using GTX980? How often do you use it per day? How many problems did you have with GTX980?

What do you think about stability when you work with GTX 980? How long have you using GTX980? How often do you use it per day? How many problems did you have with GTX980?

I haven't really used it much under OS X yet, just with desktop type apps (safari, installers, etc.). I do get the translucent menu bar and system profiler does report the card properly. Stability seems fine, but all I really need is a stable 1440p output for apps that accelerates the desktop enough not to annoy me. I do all of my gaming under windows, like any sane person (not judging though!).

If only the system could decide which card to output the desktop - anyone have any ideas before the connectors on the cards wear into dust?!?!?

I haven't really used it much under OS X yet, just with desktop type apps (safari, installers, etc.). I do get the translucent menu bar and system profiler does report the card properly. Stability seems fine, but all I really need is a stable 1440p output for apps that accelerates the desktop enough not to annoy me. I do all of my gaming under windows, like any sane person (not judging though!).

If only the system could decide which card to output the desktop - anyone have any ideas before the connectors on the cards wear into dust?!?!?
But what's wrong with 1440p? My second monitor has 2560x1440 and it seems all work fine for 2 days of using GTX 980 :)

I've been using it extensively with C4D Octane which utilizes GPU rendering to its full capacity, as well as with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Da Vinci Resolve. It's a beast. I've since also added a second 780 TI which has doubled render speed in Octane.

Sometimes after a lot of use I get visual glitches, possibly a memory leak, but a restart fixes it. It takes a few hours of use though before this is an issue, and it's not a big deal.

The card has been a life saver work-wise for delivering projects.

I've been using it extensively with C4D Octane which utilizes GPU rendering to its full capacity, as well as with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Da Vinci Resolve. It's a beast. I've since also added a second 780 TI which has doubled render speed in Octane.
You use 980 + 780TI together at one time? It works in SLI-mode?

Sometimes after a lot of use I get visual glitches, possibly a memory leak, but a restart fixes it.
You mean just restarting an application (Premier, AE, C4D) or restarting a computer?

You use 980 + 780TI together at one time? It works in SLI-mode?
SLI does not work in OS X. Neither does Crossfire with AMD GPUs.

AFAIK, SLI/Crossfire require the GPUs to be the same model.

Sometimes after a lot of use I get visual glitches, possibly a memory leak, but a restart fixes it. It takes a few hours of use though before this is an issue, and it's not a big deal.

The card has been a life saver work-wise for delivering projects.
Hey, latelunch, glad to see you have had your GTX980 making the $$$ for you!

Memory glitches fix after restarting the computer. But I'm taking the machine to hell and back to get those glitches. Most users would never run into it.

no SLI bridge needed. From what I know that's only for games and no OS X support. As far as for graphics apps, OS X automatically identified the 780 without any drivers (I couldnt even find drivers for the 780).

All thanks to your help a few months back! I'm going to get an additional 780 TI for a total of 3 gpus. I've never seen such insanely fast 3D rendering in octane. Each card doubles the speed. Near real time. It's definitely the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back