Contribute
Register

GTX 970 10.10 AGPM on LGA 1155 Board (Z68X-UD3H-B3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7-2700K @ 4.7 GHz
Graphics
Gainward GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys,

I am trying to figure out how to enable GPU power management without breaking my install.
Currently I am getting the "AGPM Unknown Platform" Message during boot and I am on the latest NVIDIA web drivers and 10.10.1.
While I cannot check the temp, as apparently HWSensors doesn't support Maxwell yet, the card does appear to run cool and shift up when under stress, including the fan. Not sure whether the NVIDIA web driver is doing the management by itself?
As a bootloader I am using Clover ESP on my UEFI-BIOS Motherboard (Z68X-UD3H-B3) on LGA 1155 (Core i7, Sandy).

Which SMBIOS do I need to use, in order to keep my Intel SpeedStep working + add GPU Power Management?
Do I need to patch just the kext, or is it required to add a Clover DSDT Hex Patch? (The last time I tried patching this way, I got the "Unable to find driver for this platform \ ACPI\" and had to actually reinstall, Clover acted up and wouldn't even let me boot my backups, very odd).
Is there even a "native" way to get the G-States working with a Maxwell Card?

Cheers

Hello,

Did you find any solution for this ? I'm basically running the same hardware configuration (gigabyte version of the 970 though), and I get graphics related crashes from time to time. I'm wondering if it's not related to the same issues. Would you mind sharing your configuration for clover (config.plist, as well as which kexts you use ?).

Apparently there is no native PM support for Maxwell cards yet but I'm getting idling states with my GTX 750 TI according to iStat Menus. I had to patch my DSDT and my AGPM.kext to get rid of the Unknown Platform error.

Hi! How should I go about that? I haven't done DSDT patching since 2010 and I've completely forgotten that. I'm now trying to edit AGPM for my GTX 970, gonna test if that lets me run it at higher speeds than 135-911mhz core and 1.6ghz memory..lol.

TIA! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back