Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Logic X? I am going to buy AMP Zotac 780 GTX and for me - very important to work in Logic X.

Works for me. Not sure if there is any specific acceleration, but the interface works fine.

hi i all so like a lot of you am having problems with my gtx 780 and opencl with the gk110b bios starting with 80.80 (mine is 80.80.21.00.80) the card it self evga gtx 780 works pretty much fine out of box in 10.8.4 with GraphicsEnabler=No, since so far there dose not seem to be a fix for the gk110b bios by nvidia or apple from what every 1 saying any time soon which leaves a lot of people like my self extremely disappointed that they can not get the most out of there card my question is how possible if it is possible at all to flash the bios back to the gk110a which start with 80.10 or can you only flash bios's up and not back to a previous version like from the list of them from this site

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...del=GTX+780&interface=PCI-E&memType=&memSize=

so flashing from what a lot of people seem to have Version 80.80.21.00.80 from 2013-09-09 back to Version 80.10.3A.00.82 2013-07-13 or 80.10.36.00.01 2013-04-30, or would flashing the card with an older version bios screw up my card damaging it and not being able to work at all. or has some 1 out there actually got a fix/new working drivers for the card for it to work with the new gk110b version 80.80 bios making a lot of people out there very happy thanks to every 1 on tonymacx for all the help so far.

GTX 780 Still not working in Mavericks

Just installed the second developer seed of OS X 10.9.2 (13C39) and still have the same openCL/GL issues. Not fixed yet :(

I just sent what I think is a very well worded letter to Nvidia asking them to please consider updating the drivers for OS X.

I would encourage you guys to do so as well. Keep it professional and courteous. You never know, between the petition and a few encouraging words from customers, Nvidia just might come through.

Sounds good, I hope your letter and the petition carries some ground. This problem is quite annoying, but from what Im reading about 10.9.2 is that there are a lot of updated graphics drivers, and although people are still having the same OpenCL bug on their GTX 780's with revision B chips, its still a beta and MAY get fixed. Or Nvidia will pull through and deliver a web driver. We can only hope.

Here is the reply I received from Nvidia.

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care

This is Arun assisting you with your query. I understand that you are trying to get the drivers for GeForce GTX 780 to support MAC OSX

Thank you for your interest but note that for MAC computers Apple custom designs the graphics card and the drivers. For this reason driver updates are provided along with the OSX upgrades. The drivers available on the NVIDIA website are available through Apple

Unfortunately graphic cards not listed as supported by Apple do not have drivers unless provided directly by them

Again I am sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused but please continue to post us for any further queries and we would be glad to assist you

Any thoughts as to what my reply should be?

Unfortunately, and I heard this from another source, it is true, Apple creates drivers for nvidia products. Our only hope is a new iMac that uses a GK110b chip, like the high-end iMac that currently has an option for 780M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back