Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good clarification.

The Flag is still there, but upon boot the NVIDIA driver manager pops up to tell you that it doesn't work with this version and you are now using the default OS X driver.

...and everything works great.

Good clarification.

The Flag is still there, but upon boot the NVIDIA driver manager pops up to tell you that it doesn't work with this version and you are now using the default OS X driver.

...and everything works great.

very interesting, i know from netkas.org that the titan works in 10.8.4 but they confirmed that long before the 780 was out.

Ok i went and tested my friends 780 in my system with 10.8.4 installed but has never had the nvidia web driver installed on it before and i could not get it to boot with the normal tricks. So I am assuming that the reason you were able to boot still is that you are actually running the nvidia web driver even though the warning box still popped up.

So i would assume at this point if you removed the nvda_drv=1 flag you should not be able to boot either.

Odd.
I removed the nvda_drv=1 flag and I'm booting just fine and running the native OS X driver on my GTX 780

Odd.
I removed the nvda_drv=1 flag and I'm booting just fine and running the native OS X driver on my GTX 780

Yea not sure then. I stuck back in my 6870 and i was having problems booting from that again (had this problem with 10.8.3, thought it was fixed in 10.8.4) so my work around for when the 6870 wont boot is to set my board to boot off the Intel 4000 first and then it will load up my 6870 just fine (i don't like doing this since the integrated needlessly takes 768 mb of my ram when enabled). I tried that method (since it acts about the same, gets stuck at utun_ctl_connect) with the 780 and it still wouldn't boot to anything i did.

Got GTX 780 arriving tomorrow to replace the 6870 but already upgraded to 10.8.4 without already installing the Nvidia Web drivers, they wont install on 10.8.4 so hopefully the card will de auto detected using the stock OSX drivers.

Yes can also confirm the GTX 780 works perfectly with the 10.8.4 stock drivers nothing added.

Just to follow up, I've actually uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers for now, as I was getting some graphics related system freezes with them installed (even though disabled apparently).

Back to fully stable now using just 10.8.4 drivers doing the exact same things that were causing crashes when N drivers were installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back