Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.
I may upgrade.

Looks like most of the benefits (and big ones) are for 2560x1440/1600 users (which I am).
Cool!

We just got in the Nvidia GTX 780 in today and it worked on the first boot using GraphicsEnabler=No and the kernel flag set to nvda_drv=1. We are on a fresh system with 10.8.3 running the latest driver from Nvidia 313.01.01f03. We haven't tested it yet with the default 10.8.3 driver in osx but we were doubting that it would work anyway.

Luxmark crashes so that doesn't work yet. Chess runs. Here is a couple other benchmarks to look at.

did you do something special to make it detected as NVIDIA GTX 780 and not with its processor name? (my gtx 650 Ti Boost is currently detected as NVIDIA GK 106)

did you do something special to make it detected as NVIDIA GTX 780 and not with its processor name? (my gtx 650 Ti Boost is currently detected as NVIDIA GK 106)

Nope nothing special. We just had the new Nvidia driver installed and running before we installed the 780 and it just picked it right up.

Nope nothing special. We just had the new Nvidia driver installed and running before we installed the 780 and it just picked it right up.

do you mean the new switchable driver?

I can confirm this. Just installed my EVGA ACX Cooler Superclocked GTX 780, and it boot right up having had nVidia's 10.8.3 drivers already installed and the nvda_drv flag set in the bootloader preferences. On another note, I've noticed the drop shadows in Mountain Lion as seen in the About This Mac pictures of the original post. I don't remember the shadows ever looking this badly in OS X before. Is this intended?

k4u45fh.png

vfL1z0S.png

]

That's just how my drop shadows look and I'm on a GTX 680

Hmm... It just looks odd to me that the window has basically a halo around it which looks nothing like how one might expect a shadow to appear.

That's not terribly impressive. I'm getting 43.21 fps and 7.83pts on a GTX680 running stock frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back