Contribute
Register

GTX 670 SLI- Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook Pro i7 13" 2011- ML, i7 3930k Build+ Sabertooth X79 + 32GB Samsung Green RAM
CPU
Intel i7 3930k @4.6Ghz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I'm starting my first Socket 2011 Hackintosh, having recently sold my 2010 i7 iMac, I have the ultimate aim of creating a build that'll last me past the Haswell Extreme Series (2-3 years time?). Thus far I've bought myself a 3930k, Sabertooth X79, Corsair HX750 and GTX 670 Twin Frozr, with a little way to go yet.

I have read in the past that many people had tried SLI with the 5XX cards and failed, as such I was slightly hesitant to buy another GTX 670 fearing that they mightn't work together? Does anyone know whether Mountain Lion has brought along any compatibility for 6XX SLI configs?

Also, I have a couple of Twin Frozr II GTX580s downstairs that I'd love to use in a Hackintosh cross Windows SLI? Any chance that this might be possible?? Would be fantastic if it were possible.

A shove in the right direction would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

Im quite sure it should work, I don't see why not.

If you need assistance PM me or you can see my youtube videos.

Hi everyone,

I'm starting my first Socket 2011 Hackintosh, having recently sold my 2010 i7 iMac, I have the ultimate aim of creating a build that'll last me past the Haswell Extreme Series (2-3 years time?). Thus far I've bought myself a 3930k, GA-X79-UD5, Corsair HX750 and GTX 670 Twin Frozr, with a little way to go yet.

I have read in the past that many people had tried SLI with the 5XX cards and failed, as such I was slightly hesitant to buy another GTX 670 fearing that they mightn't work together? Does anyone know whether Mountain Lion has brought along any compatibility for 6XX SLI configs?

Also, I have a couple of Twin Frozr II GTX580s downstairs that I'd love to use in a Hackintosh cross Windows SLI? Any chance that this might be possible?? Would be fantastic if it were possible.

A shove in the right direction would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

Chimera supports using two graphics cards at once in OS X. I suggest installing OS x first with one GPU and then installing the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back