Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
@saudor , @rgwoehr
Tested, no artifacts. Artifacts are presented in the Final Cut Pro application, but I do not use the Final Cut Pro, instead I use Adobe Premiere, so it is not a problem for me. System is running very well without any artifacts (exception Final Cut Pro).
Tested here too. When HD4600 is activated, I have any glitches, including when running Final Cut, youtube or doing fast screen transitions. When hd4600 is not activated, the glitches come back again. Now I'm running Mojave, like was in Sierra.

Last edited by a moderator:
After 3 days I finally managed to run Mojave smoothly with my GTX660Ti. Same solution as @sevcros has mentioned, by activating Intel HD. Chess app is working fine and "Heaven" benchmark is running ok with 50fps, without any artifacts(earlier I just got black screen with some rainbow squares on it).

Tested here too. When HD4600 is activated, I have any glitches, including when running Final Cut, youtube or doing fast screen transitions. When hd4600 is not activated, the glitches come back again. Now I'm running Mojave, like was in Sierra.

How do you activate intel HD graphics? Is there a guide?

But how can i activate both GPU? Here i have bootloop with both ON

And second problem I have here... I should have to use the iMac 13,3 SMBIOS... but it dont boot with USB... so with 12,2 all work well... include the speed step and OC... but it was to be used on Sandy Bridge CPU... not Ivy... in this case... HD3000 iGPU and not HD4000 (But I tested anyway even without USB and have the same bootloop with 2 GPUs)

Last edited:
I'm just reposting here in case anyone's following it.

The fix might simply be... Mojave.

I updated earlier today and thought just for grins I'll pop my old card back in to see if it works, and not only did it work out of the gate, but it's actually faster than the 950 so far. I'm not sure if that's because of a driver issue or what, but its snappier with the old card.

About 5 hours so far with no artifacts whatsoever. I'll keep this updated if something happens.

I'm just reposting here in case anyone's following it.

The fix might simply be... Mojave.

I updated earlier today and thought just for grins I'll pop my old card back in to see if it works, and not only did it work out of the gate, but it's actually faster than the 950 so far. I'm not sure if that's because of a driver issue or what, but its snappier with the old card.

About 5 hours so far with no artifacts whatsoever. I'll keep this updated if something happens.

Did you test with a 660? You signature has 750 Ti

But how can i activate both GPU? Here i have bootloop with both ON

And second problem I have here... I should have to use the iMac 13,3 SMBIOS... but it dont boot with USB... so with 12,2 all work well... include the speed step and OC... but it was to be used on Sandy Bridge CPU... not Ivy... in this case... HD3000 iGPU and not HD4000 (But I tested anyway even without USB and have the same bootloop with 2 GPUs)

try injecting a connectorless id for that CPU. (You can specify this in the platform id and tick 'inject intel' in clover)

try injecting a connectorless id for that CPU. (You can specify this in the platform id and tick 'inject intel' in clover)
I tested here with one id i founded... it boots ok... but does not show the HD4000 on Graphics.... is that right?

PzKLdDw.png

I'm testing in Sierra by the way

I tested here with one id i founded... it boots ok... but does not show the HD4000 on Graphics.... is that right?

I'm testing in Sierra by the way

Yep it wouldnt show up in system profiler. A way to check this is to open intel power gadget and see if there is a section called GT (green line graph) In my case, if i play a video in VLC, the iGPU kicks in and shows activity (0.35GHz)

Yep it wouldnt show up in system profiler. A way to check this is to open intel power gadget and see if there is a section called GT (green line graph) In my case, if i play a video in VLC, the iGPU kicks in and shows activity (0.35GHz)
Ok... tested here and show the GFX... but it looks its only idle... but even the AirPlay become On... so the iGPU its working right?

NA1lxeo.png

I will test now with the High Sierra HD to teste the glitches... post later

Ok... tested here and nop... glitches immediately on play youtube and zoom to full screen and off... but the frequency of iGPU up... so it is working

ExXYjsy.png

Tomorrow I will try to install Mojave on this HD to test

Obs.: I don't know Why I can't edit my previews post, so post a new one

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back