Graphics
Gigabyte GTX580 OC 1,5Gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! First i have to thank for the nice work here with all the programms.

I created a usb drive with Unibeast for Mounten Lion...all worked fine in my VMWare. Now i want to install ML...but after the grey-apple logo, my monitor says "no signal". Searched here in forum and found sth: i removed my Gtx580 and used the onboard GraCa to install. It worked pretty good. I installed all drivers with MB and at graphics i checked the box for 560ti/gtx4xx cause i read that in a forum, too. Then i turned off the PC, plugged my Gtx580 in and booted ML...after grey apple logo "no signal".
I already used GraphicsEnabler=no/yes, npci=0x3000/2000, PCIRootUID=0/1, -x, -v

My Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte Gtx 580 OC 1,5 Gb
8Gb Ram
600W bequiet dark power
250Gb WD Sata HDD
Core i7 2600 Sandy Bridge

Do u have any ideas? I need your help ! Im looking forward to hearing from u!!

jockel

I've had identical issue with the same motherboard and Asus GTX 670. Here is how I solved it:

(since you have installed ML, it might not be necessary to reinstall it. Just skip to the 6th step)

0. Hidden files will not be shown by default. Paste this to Terminal "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES && killall Finder" and hit enter.
1. Prepare your ML USB Stick using unibeast
2. Download NVIDIA drivers for ML from http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html
3. Extract drivers from the package.
4. Copy Geforce.kext, NVDAGF100Hal.kext, NVDAGK100Hal.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext & NVDAResman.kext files to /System/Library/Extensions
5. Install OSX using your USB stick. I didn't need to change any of boot options.
6. After you boot to your desktop, install downloaded NVIDIA drivers as usual. (At this point I didn't have HW UI acceleration, so for example if you will try to open Safari and it will show "Top sites" it will be really slow. I had to force restart OSX. You can put your drivers package to the usb stick, so you won't need to start Safari to download drivers)
7. After installing drivers, make sure that you boot with GraphicsEnabler=No. It should work. It worked for two PCs which were having the same issue.

Edit: Fixed typos.

Ok, thanks. I will try it. But how did u get the drivers. I cant find that one by searching on my own on nividia.com.

EDIT: how u mean "extract drivers from the package" ? I cant find .kexts ...

Edit 2: have i to plug out my gtx580 completely ? or can i just disable the pci-e slot and use the onboard-graca? If yes, how?

greetz

1. Right click on the package after you mounted dmg file
2. Click on Show package contents
3. Navigate and right click on /Contents/Packages/webDriverPayload_jLhsf.pgk and click Show Package Contents again
4. Copy file /Contents/Archive.pax.gz to your Desktop
5. Extract it and you will see those files.

^ These steps are only needed if you will be reinstalling OSX.

So, about the second edit. If you are reinstalling OSX, then just leave and use your GTX 580 using your updated usb stick with updated nvidia drivers. If you are able to boot to OSX, you could just try to install that NVIDIA driver and then disable onboard GPU in UEFI and enable GTX580. Just don't forget GraphicsEnabler=No. I hope that helps.

Thank u a lot!

I didnt reinstall and booted with my onboard GraCa. But i have a little problem now...the nvidia driver needs 10.8.2, i have 10.8.0. Have i to update or is there a driver for 10.8.0 ? (I have no internet flat, so i cant download the update that easy ;) )

greetz

Ok, will try it!

Thanks for help.

jockel

Hi Bufetininkas
your solution worked for me, thank you!

My Specs:
USB Stick OSX 10.8.2
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 550Ti
Core i7 2600 Sandy Bridge
16Gb Ram
1Tb SATA

I've had identical issue with the same motherboard and Asus GTX 670. Here is how I solved it:
4. Copy Geforce.kext, NVDAGF100Hal.kext, NVDAGK100Hal.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext & NVDAResman.kext files to /System/Library/Extensions
...[/I]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back