Contribute
Register

GTX 460 Mac Os Lion 10.7.2 work! perfectly in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zulutribes said:
Would this work with MacPro 3,1 profile?

Interestingly, I can't find a MacPro3,1 definition in my info.plist, and I run on MacPro3,1 as well. Anyone have suggestions?

Attachments

• plist.tiff
    154.9 KB · Views: 363
dare599z said:
Zulutribes said:

Interestingly, I can't find a MacPro3,1 definition in my info.plist, and I run on MacPro3,1 as well. Anyone have suggestions?

Is this the info.plist in your AGPM.kext? If so, it's because there isn't one for MacPro3,1. 3,1 doesn't load AGPM.kext

I'm not sure if you can edit it to run or not. I never got it working. Instead I removed a couple particular kexts and installed MacPro 5,1. You still have to edit whichever definition in info.plist to run for your particular card though.

See here: viewtopic.php?p=290559#p290559

chace90 said:
dare599z said:
Zulutribes said:

Is this the info.plist in your AGPM.kext? If so, it's because there isn't one for MacPro3,1. 3,1 doesn't load AGPM.kext

I'm not sure if you can edit it to run or not. I never got it working. Instead I removed a couple particular kexts and installed MacPro 5,1. You still have to edit whichever definition in info.plist to run for your particular card though.

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 59#p290559

Yes, this is from the AGPM.kext. I am reluctant to try a 5,1 definition on my board due to the forum thread about my board (http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23561). They say to either do 3,1 or imac12,2. However, you seem to have a very similar set up to me (i5 vs i7, SE 460 vs my normal 460, your z68xp-ud3 vs my ud3P), so I MIGHT give it a try and post results. Question though. IS this even necessary given that my card works already? I can run games at ~35fps. Is this just a performance tweak or an installation option? Thanks!

dare599z said:
Yes, this is from the AGPM.kext. I am reluctant to try a 5,1 definition on my board due to the forum thread about my board (http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23561). They say to either do 3,1 or imac12,2. However, you seem to have a very similar set up to me (i5 vs i7, SE 460 vs my normal 460, your z68xp-ud3 vs my ud3P), so I MIGHT give it a try and post results. Question though. IS this even necessary given that my card works already? I can run games at ~35fps. Is this just a performance tweak or an installation option? Thanks!

What's your device ID? Mine is 1205, which isn't nearly as common for GTX 460 cards,

I couldn't run the 4,1 or 5,1 definition until I removed those kexts I mentioned in my post from earlier and rebuilt kext cache. In fact, I don't even think I needed to remove the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext. After that though, 5,1 ran fine. I would guess you might experience something similar.

FYI, you can always remove them and try booting with a different smbios flag (SMBIOS=/extra/otherdefinition.plist). If it doesn't work, MacPro3,1 should still boot regardless of those kexts being present or not.

I can detail installing multiple smbios files in your /Extra folder if you need help.

dare599z said:
Question though. IS this even necessary given that my card works already? I can run games at ~35fps. Is this just a performance tweak or an installation option? Thanks!

It's really up to you. It sounds to me like your card is working just fine. Have you benchmarked it at all? I don't game on the OSX side much. I went thru the hassle because I didn't want my GPU running at 100% the whole time my machine is on (fan, cores, etc). Just adds extra noise and I really don't push my GPU all that much.

Although I have a GTX580 and a different mobo (Asus Rampage III Extreme), I was wondering what your Cinebenech OGL scores were? I can't seem to get above 32fps with 3.1 mac, if I do 5.1 then it goes down to 11fps :0

chlywly said:
Although I have a GTX580 and a different mobo (Asus Rampage III Extreme), I was wondering what your Cinebenech OGL scores were? I can't seem to get above 32fps with 3.1 mac, if I do 5.1 then it goes down to 11fps :0

I get ~43fps in cinebench, regardless of system profile.

GTX 460 Mac Os Lion 10.7.2 work! perfectly in games.

I change this:

To all of those with performance issues using a GTX460: go to S/L/E AppleGraphicsPowerManagement and edit info.plist -> search for line MacPro4,1
Vendor10deDeviceXXXX
change XXXX with 0e22

My FPS is up 60! it´s working nice!

Good luck

I mean dude, thank you so much. It works on my GTX460. Before i had lag going full screen with quicktime, now almost no lag at all :)

But i gotta ask, how in the earth did you find out that those numbers should be changed, and with which numbers should be replaced???

chace90 said:
What's your device ID? Mine is 1205, which isn't nearly as common for GTX 460 cards.

Not sure about what number similar to 1205, but I have the x0e22 as per http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 4xx+freeze

chace90 said:
FYI, you can always remove them and try booting with a different smbios flag (SMBIOS=/extra/otherdefinition.plist). If it doesn't work, MacPro3,1 should still boot regardless of those kexts being present or not.

I can detail installing multiple smbios files in your /Extra folder if you need help.

Would I need to run MultiBeast to create another smbios or can I simply duplicate the one I have, and change from 3,1 to 5,1? Thanks!

Edit: Actually got it working properly. Made a duplicate SMBIOS file, edited it to macpro5,1 definition, removed the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext, copied APGM to desktop, edited the info.plist, installed with Kext Wizard, rebuilt cache, test booted with the chimera flag, and it worked. replaced the default smbios with the new one. APGM is loaded and logging, and I even got some new features enabled throughout the mac with the new definition.

dare599z said:
APGM is loaded and logging, and I even got some new features enabled throughout the mac with the new definition.

Awesome!

What have you noticed running now with the different definition? I don't think I've seen anything besides AGPM, but I'm there's other stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back