Contribute
Register

GTX 460 Mac Os Lion 10.7.2 work! perfectly in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wizmo said:
Hey ok so I also have the GTX 460, but when i change the info.plist. It won't let me save, it keeps saying that i don't have permission and to go to "Get Info" I've done that and set it to read and write instead of just read, but it keeps saying either I don't have permission or just straight unable to save.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Does it matter that i'm not using lion but Snow leopard 10.6.8 instead?

Try saving it as a text file to the desktop. Then change the extension to .plist and move it into the directory that it belongs. I'd recommend backing up the current info.plist somewhere else just to be safe.

Awsome, that tip helped me get it to save the 0e22.

But I don't think the card is working still. when I go into "about this mac "and to "Graphics/Displays" it has the following.

DISPLAY:

Type: GPU
Bus:pCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 3mb
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0e22
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
DISPLAY:
Resolution: 1024x768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: off
Online: Yes

If It helps I have a EVGA Geforce GTX 460 SC 1024mb GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0

1024x768 Is the only resolution that I can get, I'm using a "hand me down" monitor by dell so i'm not sure if it can do 1080p but I feel that I should have the option ( based on the graphics card) whether the monitor has the capability or not?

could this be the onboard video card on the mobo, if so how do i switch it?

wizmo said:
Awsome, that tip helped me get it to save the 0e22.

But I don't think the card is working still. when I go into "about this mac "and to "Graphics/Displays" it has the following.

DISPLAY:

Type: GPU
Bus:pCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 3mb
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0e22
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
DISPLAY:
Resolution: 1024x768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: off
Online: Yes

If It helps I have a EVGA Geforce GTX 460 SC 1024mb GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0

1024x768 Is the only resolution that I can get, I'm using a "hand me down" monitor by dell so i'm not sure if it can do 1080p but I feel that I should have the option ( based on the graphics card) whether the monitor has the capability or not?

could this be the onboard video card on the mobo, if so how do i switch it?

I think we have the same card. My device id was 1205, not 0e22. Try that one in AGPM and in NVDAGF100Hal.kext and see if that fixes it... I also had to inject my EFI string into my boot plist for it to recognize the card correctly.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=37494&start=10

Hello. I've tried this method, but I don't know what's wrong.
My card is asus gtx 460 768mb 0e22 and this is what I see in system info. (sorry for italian language)

GeForce GTX 460:

Modello Chipset: GeForce GTX 460
Tipo: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
Larghezza Lane PCIe: x16
VRAM (totale): 768 MB
Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de)
ID dispositivo: 0x0e22
ID revisione: 0x00a1
Revisione ROM: 70.04.14.00.01
Monitor:
BenQ GL2440H:
Risoluzione: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Profondità pixel: Colore 32 bit (ARGB8888)
Mostra numero di serie: 72B09072SL0
Monitor principale: Sì
Mirror: Spento
Online: Sì
Rotazione: Supportata

I've tested cuda-z but I got this error: cuda not found.
Everything seems to be ok except video acceleration. Does anyone know another tester or benchmark? What I can do? Thanks

After many tests I've found a solution and now cuda-z shows correctly my video card.
Now I wish to know if I'm getting full acceleration or no. What software do you suggest to me? Thanks again ;)

angy82 said:
After many tests I've found a solution and now cuda-z shows correctly my video card.
Now I wish to know if I'm getting full acceleration or no. What software do you suggest to me? Thanks again ;)

Where did you read that Cuda-Z is enabled on your card?

I believe that if you can move a chess piece in Chess, then you should have full QE/CI. There's a number of little things like that to check for acceleration. :)

chace90 said:
angy82 said:

Where did you read that Cuda-Z is enabled on your card?

I believe that if you can move a chess piece in Chess, then you should have full QE/CI. There's a number of little things like that to check for acceleration. :)

:(

I have a MacPro 12,2 definition, will this work for me too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back