Contribute
Register

Gt 730 working oob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I would kindly request your input and insight on a very similar problem I am facing.

Been running a mobo with Gigabyte P55M-UD4 board and Gainward 9500 GT [10de:0640] for a long time without issues, updated to 10.9.5 and everything is still perfect. Using Chimera then Chameleon and only GraphicsEnabler=Yes with minor DSDT tweaking for the system in vanilla.

Decided to upgrade the graphics to an (equally) silent/passively-cooled card PNY GeForce GT 730 (NV106) [10de:1287] so thought it was a simple card-swapping thing. However, for the life of me, I tried these past 2 days every combination possible, I cannot get to desktop. Safe mode, always verbose, GraphicsEnabler=No or nvda_drv=1... with UseKextCache=No always but nothing happens.

It stops at the same position on screen and doesn't switch to desktop. Last entry is either the Ethernet being up, or "VW Swap Subsystem is ON" i.e. the last entry before kickstarting the UI.

While in -v verbose boot, in some cases I see "NVDAStartup Official" and another like "NVDAxx100xxxx" which I didn't write down (Console has no record of it) and no errors about not detecting the card. The latter is simlar to "NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered" that I see with older card.

Having used previously created KextCache, I got the same error:

for this Kepler GK208 chipset, which was caused by that FakeSMC.kext plugin that I removed, hoping that it was blocking boot. Still nothing.

Anyone has managed to work and stabilize the use of this GT730 card? I got it because it was 4x more powerful than my old 9500 GT as a last possible upgrade to this older system.

Thank you in advance for any effort to assist me.

FakeSMC.kext is essential - You will have problems if you remove it.

FakeSMC.kext is essential - You will have problems if you remove it.

FakeSMC.kext is indeed a mandatory kext. Not it's PlugIns :)

Hi guys, of course FakeSMC is essential. Never removed it. Just that GeForce plugin of it. But it seems it wasn't causing issues. Something that the hardware or system didn't like about that GFX card.

When I installed the NVIDIA Web-driver for 10.9.5, and switched to it (had to reboot) then I shutdown and replaced the old 9500 GT with this GT730. Desktop booted on the second attempt (forgot to use -f in Chameleon, at first...). Seems to have worked... once. Upon reboot (UseKextCache=on as normal) it didn't switch to desktop despite NVDA being reported in verbose boot as loaded. Strange. Used DVI but not sure if I need to make HDMI connection permanent?

Thanks everyone for your input. Nevertheless, I don't think this may work well on my older Gigabyte motherboard. It even reported x8 PCI in System Profile despite being on the (only one) x16 PCI slot... GeForce 9500GT and GT610 work well OOB.

After upgrade to 10.10 and using the latest nvidia web driver, my EVGA GT730 is working great.
Both OpenCL and OpenGL are working. No more patching required.

Hi,
Is this working perfectly and recognised as 730 ?

Can you tell us the exact drivers you've tried ?.

Also what boot flags are you using ?

Thanks again...

Hey guys I know the gt 740 is supported however I have not seen anyone using a gtx 730.. Is it fully compatible as well?

The GPU is the same as GT 730, rebadged Kepler from the 6 series. Every Geforce GT740/730/720 is a rebadged Kepler, GTX 760 is Kepler as well, Maxwell are only GTX 750 and 750Ti.

here are my specs:

GA-H61M-DS2 Rev:4.0
Intel Pentium G2020 CPU
128GB SSD
Zotac Nvidia GT730 4GB
iMac13,2 SMBIOS

I'm trying to get 10.11.1 up and running. I can't boot the install media because of a problem with OsxFixAptioDrv-64. Memory allocation just doesn't work. I managed to do the installation on another computer running ATI 5650. Now when i boot it up in verbose i get:
NVDAStartup:Official
NVDAGF100HAL (or something like that): Loaded and registered then it would just reboot. I remkved all Nvidia kexts from /S/L/E. now its stuck at IOGraphics flag 0x43 and nothing happens.

I'm using Clover v3330
OSX is unmodified and I'd like to keep it that way.
I did not inject Nvidia or install web drivers.
I'd like some clover based solutions here.

I'm trying to get 10.11.1 up and running. I can't boot the install media because of a problem with OsxFixAptioDrv-64. Memory allocation just doesn't work.

Try OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead.

I did not inject Nvidia or install web drivers.

Boot with nv_disable=1 then reinstall vanilla NVIDIA kexts and install webdrivers as well ! Those 730 GT need them even if they're supposed to be Kepler based. They're not working OOB at all !

Also, don't use InjectNVIDIA !

Try OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead.

Boot with nv_disable=1 then reinstall vanilla NVIDIA kexts and install webdrivers as well ! Those 730 GT need them even if they're supposed to be Kepler based. They're not working OOB at all !

Also, don't use InjectNVIDIA !

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 just reboots the system from clover.... no kernel loading at all....

i'll try the nv_disable.... I'm plugged in via hdmi

and is it possible to inject Nvidia web driver stuff uing clover?

When you install webdrivers, the bootflag nvda_drv=1 is automatically added to your config.plist and/or in a hidden nvram.plist at the root of your drive.

There's nothing more to do in Clover to enable webdrivers. But once again, you should not set InjectNVIDIA=true.

About OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, what's inside your EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI ?

BTW, you shouldn't use both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi at the same time if you did so…

When you install webdrivers, the bootflag nvda_drv=1 is automatically added to your config.plist and/or in a hidden nvram.plist at the root of your drive.

There's nothing more to do in Clover to enable webdrivers. But once again, you should not set InjectNVIDIA=true.

About OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, what's inside your EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI ?

BTW, you shouldn't use both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi at the same time if you did so…

i don't use both but OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 just crashes the system.

and i was asking about the nvidia web driver as a set of kexts that clover would inject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back