Contribute
Register

GT 610 and El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slim Jim what settings do you have under Clover Graphics Injection? We have the same card mostly (mine is the 2gb version) and I cannot get El Capitan to boot without using nv_disable=1...and I've run through every 'fix' I have found on these forums and am at a dead end atm.

Slim Jim what settings do you have under Clover Graphics Injection? We have the same card mostly (mine is the 2gb version) and I cannot get El Capitan to boot without using nv_disable=1...and I've run through every 'fix' I have found on these forums and am at a dead end atm.

Here is my complete config with my SN, UUID, MLB and ROM edited out. Additional specs are in my sig below, build #2.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 578
I did manage to get it working, but I'm not entirely sure how. I'll explain what I did.

I had 3 hard drives and 2 thumb drives connected to my computer. 1 hdd has a working distro of Mountain Lion on it, the second hdd has a (mostly) working El Capitan on it, and the third hdd is blank. The first thumb drive has the install media for El Capitan on it and the second thumb drive had some various post installation files, no os.

While looking for the config.plist I thought the computer was booting with I realized that it was using the config.plist from the thumb drive (which it was booting to when the machine started) when I thought it was using the config.plist from the hdd that had El Capitan on it.

I removed all the thumb drives and the other two hard drives and the computer booted up without any boot flags using the default OS X driver. Now if I can get audio and ethernet working it'll be about the best os x install I've had.

Hope that helps anyone having a similar issue!

It's working for me...

System:

OS X El Capitan
Version 10.11.4

Mobo: dh61ww
Prcessor: 3.19 GHz Intel Core i3
Graphics: Asus geforce gt 610 (2gb)

Clover

Works vga and hdmi(dual monitor) with nvidia cuda driver, remove nvidia web drivers, boot flags nvda_drv=1, remove inject NVidia,
I did system Definitions to iMac 14,2.

m still working on Audio and hdmi audio...

Hellos guys. I need help. I can't get the full resolution on nVidia Gigabyte GT 610 2GB it works at 1600x1200 and no acceleration. I can boot the system only with nv_disable=1 arg. Everything works fine, the sound, the wireless but the card has no acceleration and the resolution is low. If I boot with the arg nv_disable=1 the card shows me only 7 mb of memory, if I boot with the same arg but I choose in the Graphics Injector Menu the InjectEDID+, InjectNVidia+ is booting up and the card shows me 2GB but in the 2 situations I can't change the resolution because there's only 1600x1200. Someone has the solution? I tried with the last Nvidia drivers from the official web but no luck, the same. I will attach some photos here. I will be thankful I'd someone give me a solution. P.S: I have Yosemite 10.10.5 on a SSD and work perfect, like a native Mac, I never had problems with it, but I want to move to El Capitan.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 574
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 612
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 586
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 486
Hellos guys. I need help. I can't get the full resolution on nVidia Gigabyte GT 610 2GB it works at 1600x1200 and no acceleration. I can boot the system only with nv_disable=1 arg. Everything works fine, the sound, the wireless but the card has no acceleration and the resolution is low. If I boot with the arg nv_disable=1 the card shows me only 7 mb of memory, if I boot with the same arg but I choose in the Graphics Injector Menu the InjectEDID+, InjectNVidia+ is booting up and the card shows me 2GB but in the 2 situations I can't change the resolution because there's only 1600x1200. Someone has the solution? I tried with the last Nvidia drivers from the official web but no luck, the same. I will attach some photos here. I will be thankful I'd someone give me a solution. P.S: I have Yosemite 10.10.5 on a SSD and work perfect, like a native Mac, I never had problems with it, but I want to move to El Capitan.

You shouldn't use nv_disable=1 and Inject/Nvidia should be true.

Ok. I'll try right now and I'll post the result. I will use -v flags and Inject/Nvidia. Right now I'm writing from El Capitan 10.11.5 but the graphic card is really annoying. :(

Works like a charm. Thanks man :D You're the best. Should I delete the Nvidia Drivers I have installed from the Official web? In the first boot I got kernel panic when I have opened the Safari :)

Works like a charm. Thanks man :D You're the best. Should I delete the Nvidia Drivers I have installed from the Official web? In the first boot I got kernel panic when I have opened the Safari :)

The web drivers aren't necessary so it is up to you if you want to use them. Won't likely see any benefit from using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back