Contribute
Register

GT 430 white screen when booting installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My problem is that i can boot the installer without any problems at all but when i try to boot the fresh installed mountain lion partition it just gives me a white screen with a mouse that i can move.
I tried using PCIRootUID=1 and 0, and i tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No, nothing worked.
I tried upgrading from lion to mountain lion but it still is the same issue.

I'm using the ZOTAC GT 430 2048MB. I'm using an efi injection in lion but it would also work with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Try booting with: -v npci=x3000 UseKernelCache=No

When I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No I get a black screen.

What model is?

Use "-x" to load

Ok i tried -x and i get to the GUI but when i install multibeast with everything that worked in lion perfectly i still have the same issue. I installed cuda 5 for mountain lion as well. But i am still able to get to the GUI with a safe boot. By the way i am using a MacPro 3,1 identifier if this is important.

I also have a Zotac 430. Same result.

System worked perfectly with Lion.
First unibeast-ML boot from USB was successful to install ML
Second unibeast-ML boot from HD to install bootloader halted with white screen.
As with maxi322, tried all combinations of PCIRootUID (0 and 1), GraphicsEnabler (yes and no), with and without kernel cache, verbose. No joy.

Pulled the 430 card and installed with HD 3000 on-board video.
Others here have reported success with 550 by removing video card, installing with HD only, and then re-inserting video card.
Re-inserting the Zotac 430 after HD installation returns to white screen.

I do have a functioning system with ML on HD 3000 :).
But, HD 3000 brings host of other issues.

A separate build with an nVidia 450 completed without drama. :)+

Try removing ati6000controller.kext and atiframebuffer.kext from system/library/extensions and run kext beast and then reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back