Contribute
Register

Gryphon z97 4790k evga gtx 750 cannot boot with discrete graphics help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87n-wifi (F7 bios)
CPU
i7-4970k
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Build: Gryphon z97 / 4790k build to install Yosemite (updated to 10.2) bios ver. 2101 ram:crucial ddr3 16gb
Method: unibeast, MB, and a EFI fix to boot without using installer. (bios setting OS type = EFI)
Followed these to guides somewhat
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...k-asus-gryphon-z97-evga-gtx-980-unibeast.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ild-z97-i3-4340-hd4600-thunderbolt-ex-ii.html

Even following these guides I was not able to boot right from chimera w/o using unibeast installer until I followed instructions on how to create an EFI partition to active etc... so I finally got Yosemite to boot from hdd after much struggle(had to reset bios once because it was corrupted) but I cannot seem to get the graphics card to work. I am under the impression GraphicsEnabler=No should do the trick. also tried boot flag nvda_drv=1. I have changed my bios settings to auto, cpu, and pcie under boot settings with none working. Any suggestions would be appreciated. like i said remove graphics card and it boots right up(but i will mention the screen gets all fuzzy for a little bit before it enters the desktop, which doesnt seem totally right). I have even tried mixed graphics and still no go....
thanks in advance for any pointers

other notes:
bios primary display does not seem to be saving PCIE setting and always reverts back to auto...
had to use a program pacifist just to force install nvidia drivers because osx would not allow it.

If you can use HD4600, I recommend my installation procedure for your 750 in my thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...am-new-gigabyte-750-ti-2gb-graphics-card.html

Thank you so Much Stork! ok so i just tried step by step but there is some issues....step 7b(Peripherals > Intel Processor Graphics <--- leave Enabled) ...im using asus tuf v2101 bios and i do not see this option. I went ahead and kept going but when I try to boot with on board graphics with graphics card installed on step 8, it does not boot. just blank screen.

I also tried changing plist file in the EFI partition with the nvda_drv=1 flag just to see if that worked but nothing. I noticed there was another string in the kernel flag...maybe i should delete the other string ??? and just use the nvda_drv=1...Thanks so much for the help. I hope i can get this working!
update: nm i found out in post 13 you explain how to code this part in the plist

i attached my plist file if it helpsView attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Maybe I should just delete all partitions and re-install.....

Update: also i found out the setting for intel process graphics may be called cpu graphics multi-monitor support in the asus bios...still not working though..also primary display never remembers the setting. it always reverts back to auto after I try to enable pcie and than have to force shut down because i get stuck on the apple bootscreen.

Update 2: Reinstall everything working. not without alot of work. anyone else having issues with similar build just ask me, but it does work. takes patience though. still trying to get hdmi audio to work at the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back