Contribute
Register

Green Light for Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply! :)

So, based on your opinion, would you say the Gigabyte GTX 570 runs better (quieter, more cooled) then the EVGA GTX 570? I know one is SuperClocked, I could also compare the non-superclocked version since they look the same besides one running a little faster, but I am trying to think which would be able to be maintained at a reasonable temperature easier... Orginally, I thought that maybe the more fans would then make more noise, but your explaination makes a lot of sense, ha.

Thanks for your replies! Can anyone else also comment on that? :wave:

Actually, quick question with UD4 mobo:

It has an integrated HDMI on it; theoretically, if I used my 570 for it's two DVI ports and then used a third monitor and plugged it in the HDMI, could I get three monitors?

Also, what exactly causes sleep issues? I was reading that people using this board with the right DSDT won't have it happen, but I was wondering if that is a motherboard issues or just an incompatibility issue. I was comparing this with the UD3H-B3, which seems to be popular and doesn't seem to have sleep issues for users with it, but yeah, I was just wondering. Thanks! :wave:

Haha, I am a little indecisive, and I only ask about the triple monitor support because I thought the the GPU overrides any onboard ports, but I read in other posts about people asking it and some people said it was possible, so I was curious...

@Gordo, you're killing me! I finally decide on one mobo/processor and you try to convince me of another! :crazy: Haha, but seriously, you have been extremely helpful in this whole process, so first of all, thank you!

I will have to look at the Z77 boards that work with Hackintosh (I know there are threads around here that talk about that)... I mean, I liked the UD4 because of all the extra ports/HDMI/etc, so I'll have to compare to see if the other boards also share those same features, but I have read briefly some of the new Gigabyte Z77 boards don't require DSDT...

It's also a matter of price, as I said before. The Micro Center near me does not have an i7 Ivy Bridges, so to order from Newegg would be a little more expensive. It's just thinking does the extra $50-$70 in the processor worth the native USB 3.0 support, the newer Z77 board, and the newer processor? (Which, of course, I don't have an answer to, ha, I'll have to think and read some more :p )

I only chose Z68 and Sandy because it seemed to be compatible while still powerful, with Ivy only a small upgrade (a tick). I thought it would just be easier... I guess it's time to research some Z77 boards and compare! I may still go with the UD4 since I do know of several builds that is very close to my combination and everything works flawlessly, so I know I could ask them if I had trouble, but again, time for some research. ;)

I was considering going and ordering all my parts this weekend, but I am still deciding on SSD size (I stupidly missed that Samsung 830 deal yesterday; I waited until lunch, which was dumb, and by then I had trouble getting that), because I am not sure is twp 64GB is enough, or if I need one 128GB and one 64GB, or two 128GB. o_O

@Solidww, I only asked because I read a few topics on the forum about it and was very curious if I could do it/if it could be done; if I can't do it, I am not bothered, but if I have the option, why not? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back