Contribute
Register

Green Light for Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now torn between the GA-Z68XP-UD4 versus the GA-Z77X-UD5H (I even did the Gigabyte comparison chart and am currently comparing the two)... One thing I am noticing is that people seem to have a lot of sleep issues (and even sometimes audio) with the UD5H, even after BridgeHelper 5.0.

Is there anything, besides a better integrated graphics card and USB 3.0 native support (for now, unless, as Gordo says, third party support is released by Apple), that Ivy Bridge/ML has over Sandy Bridge/ML? Like, will there be things or programs that Ivy could run and Sandy won't be able to? I might stick with the UD4/2700K unless someone can point in the right direction why Ivy is clearly the better choice (besides better power management, etc.).

Thanks! :thumbup:

Well, in OSX, you're essentially getting a 12-15% performance boost by going with Ivy Bridge. I think it future proofs the computer more. (11k geekbench score on the 2700k vs 14k on a 3770k at stock)

As far as the Z77-UD5H, the people who don't have audio working are plain installing it wrong. You don't need a DSDT, you don't need any crazy combinations of kexts, you just need one kext from Multibeast. That seems to be what people are missing.

Not having a DSDT is a BIG deal. Ever wonder why you never see talk of DSDTs on Apple forums? Because real Mac's don't have need for an extra one either. Gigabyte has been EXTREMELY helpful by making their motherboards not require a DSDT. It gives a damn-near-vanilla install (minus audio and ethernet kexts, which you have to install from MultiBeast).

Every Z68 has a DSDT, and while it works, and works well, native is native.

Thank you for the information Gordo! :thumbup:

Wow, I didn't realize there was that much of an increase in boost... I thought it was more like 5-7%, ha.

Yeah, on that one thread that Tony started, it seems a lot of people are desperately trying to get sleep and audio to work. Out of curiousity, what normally causes sleep to not work? Because some people with X68 boards have sleep issues while others do not - is it just compatibiltiy issues with other devices connected?

And thanks for the DSDT advice... Now I will sit and think for a bit, because an Ivy means I am going to have to spend a little more. I will need to do some more browsing on these threads! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back