Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this lately and wondered if we now have full support for USB 3 via this build - as when I put mine together a few months ago there was no luck in this regard...

Just tried the CalDigit install via the new Multibeast and not seeing any difference. Can you send some pictures of your system profile or how else are you confirming the USB 3 speeds are there? Are there some other USB kexts I might need to remove?

Thanks!

Qwerty123,
I can't get MultiBeast to work, each time it states The installation has failed.

My specs are:
Intel Core i7 3930K
Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce Graphics Card

Corsair H80i CPU cooler
Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM kits
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX 1050 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX150)
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n,WEP, WPA/WPA2

I wonder if your hard drive permissions are disabled so that nothing can write to it?

I am perilously close to pulling the trigger on what will be pretty much exactly a copy of Yo Mang's machine (with the possible exception of a different case and power supply). Then I read "I think Yo Mang's guide is a bit dated for people trying to build a similar machine now. He's using a different version of Multibeast, with a different Bios, etc.".

Before ordering the hardware, is there anything else I should consider, in order to be "less dated" ?

Thanks!

-Taylor

Saw this lately and wondered if we now have full support for USB 3 via this build - as when I put mine together a few months ago there was no luck in this regard...

Just tried the CalDigit install via the new Multibeast and not seeing any difference. Can you send some pictures of your system profile or how else are you confirming the USB 3 speeds are there? Are there some other USB kexts I might need to remove?

Thanks!

Are you on OS X 10.8.2??? ....USB 3 only works in Mountain Lion....

I am perilously close to pulling the trigger on what will be pretty much exactly a copy of Yo Mang's machine (with the possible exception of a different case and power supply). Then I read "I think Yo Mang's guide is a bit dated for people trying to build a similar machine now. He's using a different version of Multibeast, with a different Bios, etc.".

Before ordering the hardware, is there anything else I should consider, in order to be "less dated" ?

Thanks!

-Taylor

I think I inadvertently scared people! Sorry about that :silent:

I would encourage you to read through the thread a bit, and read other people's x79 sabertooth threads....

QWERTY123,

I read through this entire thread.... from the earliest to the newest. Everything seemed to be pretty much positive, and solutions were found to the various issues (like audio, etc.) Then I came across your post.... TILT !

Obviously, I'll have no control over which BIOS version I get on the Sabertooth board... but I hope that I will be able to find a work-around.

The 3930K / GTX 670 / Sabertooth build seems to be ideal for my needs (Adobe Premiere Pro - AfterEffects - PhotoShop - Aperture).... so unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to plunge ahead. Yo Mang seems to have done the best job of documenting the build and the installation on this combination of hardware... and the MKBHD YouTube video (based on this build) seems to confirm all of this.

Look out Amazon! Here I come!

-Taylor

Hi there!!!

I really love your build.
I have a question about your Raid 0... Do you have iCloud, Itunes , iMessage & Facetime working your RAID 0 set up?
I´ve read a lot about Raid0 Hackintosh and all I see is that everybody is happy with the read/write speeds,but nobody mentions if they have iCloud, iTunes, iMessage or FaceTime running.
Greetings!

Qwerty123,
I can't get MultiBeast to work, each time it states The installation has failed.

My specs are:
Intel Core i7 3930K
Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce Graphics Card

Corsair H80i CPU cooler
Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM kits
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX 1050 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX150)
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n,WEP, WPA/WPA2

I solved it a simple reinstall of the OS did the trick. Now the problem is being able to boot without npci=0x3000, I have tried editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, however that resulted in system lag.(Fixed)One issue left Sound, I tried Tom's fix, but no luck, any sugesstions?

I solved it a simple reinstall of the OS did the trick. Now the problem is being able to boot without npci=0x3000, I have tried editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, however that resulted in system lag.(Fixed)One issue left Sound, I tried Tom's fix, but no luck, any sugesstions?

AFAIK you need to use npci=0x3000 in your chamelon boot plist--there's an option in multibeast to put it in or you can write yourself.

Sound: follow Toleda's solution under the x79 audio troubles thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back