Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enabling CUDA Acceleration for Adobe CS6

Thanks to VidMuze for this awesome video on how to get CUDA Accelerated Performance in CS6. Adobe only has a small number of cards that are natively selected to support CUDA acceleration, but it's easy to change it to your own! This will work on almost ANY nVidia GPU

NOTE: This only works with nVidia cards that support CUDA. ATI / AMD Cards will not work.

Can this work for photoshop?

Did any body got the Sleep and SpeedStep working with this built?

Thanks

Ben

Hi all

sorry if this is a noobish question but i have for the past 3 days been trying to install mountain lion on my sabertooth x79
and no matter what i do i cant install osx due to black screen when the install normally goes to the language selection screen

the specs of my rig are as follows
Intel I7 3820 3.6ghz
sabertooth x79 w/bios 3009
geforce gtx260
16gb gskill ripjaws
asus xonar xense (i know i cant get this to work under osx)
1tb western digital sata 2 drive

i have tried combinations of the following command line arguements
-x -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000 pcirootuid=0 graphicsenabler=no

my bios settings are as follows
Enhanced intel speedstep tech - disabled
turbo mode - disabled
hyperthreading -disabled(also tried enabled still no joy)
active processor cores - 1 (tried 2 and all also no joy)
asmedia usb3.0 - disabled
sata mode - ahci

thanks in advance for any help

Do you think it would be fine if I make a computer with all the same hardware as yours, but have a
Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K or Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770 as my CPU?

I will also only have 16GB of RAM and 2TB Hard Drive.

But the GPU, MotherBoard, Cooling, Power Supply, ect... is all the same.

No! Because you need to match the CPU socket type to the motherboard. Those CPUs are socket 1155, the 3930k is a socket 2011 that is meant to go with x79 boards like the Sabertooth.

No! Because you need to match the CPU socket type to the motherboard. Those CPUs are socket 1155, the 3930k is a socket 2011 that is meant to go with x79 boards like the Sabertooth.

Thanks for replying!

So I did a little bit more research and found the Intel Core i7-3820.
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-3820-Quad-Core-Processor-Cache/dp/B006YM9JSW/

Do you think if I keep the same hardware as the original build and put the i7-3820 CPU instead of the Intel 3930K, that my computer will still preform well?

By this I don't want my CPU to be the bottle neck when i'm rendering videos, I want all the hardware to be on the same "level" and I want to make sure that a Intel 3820 will still keep up with the rest of the hardware.

Big THANKS for all the help so far!

Thanks for replying!

So I did a little bit more research and found the Intel Core i7-3820.
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-3820-Quad-Core-Processor-Cache/dp/B006YM9JSW/

Do you think if I keep the same hardware as the original build and put the i7-3820 CPU instead of the Intel 3930K, that my computer will still preform well?

By this I don't want my CPU to be the bottle neck when i'm rendering videos, I want all the hardware to be on the same "level" and I want to make sure that a Intel 3820 will still keep up with the rest of the hardware.

Big THANKS for all the help so far!

If you go with that chip, you might want to use the Gigabyte x79 board, although the Asus would probably also work. The thing is that I'm unsure of anyone that has done that chip (3820) with the sabertooth so you might a bit out at sea on some things. I would seriously check out Eelhead's recent 3820 golden build. It sounds like you are new to hackintoshing, so following someone's golden build to the T, might a good place to start. A 3820 should be perfectly fine for 1080p footage. If you are not dealing with very high end 4k and up footage, or rendering massive effects or doing very intense color grading, then the only advantage of a 3930k is saving you a little bit of time in the way of rendering, transcoding, exporting, etc. Even color grading witll largely by graphics card reliant.

The thing that is nice is that you can start small with the 3820, and then if you need to upgrade you can change CPUs. The difference between the 3820 and 3930 is going to be the number of cores.

You might also want to just start browsing the buying advice sub-forum and just doing some research. I think we generally want to keep the threads about the specific builds that they are dedicated to.

Nice build buddy, hope it's a good one for you. It's a shame that Power Management might not ever come to the X79 platform. SleepEnabler seems kind of sketchy too :problem:

Hi Guys....

I think Yo Mang's guide is a bit dated for people trying to build a similar machine now. He's using a different version of Multibeast, with a different Bios, etc.

I have essentially the same system as him now, and I'm trying to get it up and running. I've had to scour around to figure out solutions to various problems, and I still have some problems. Hopefully if I can get things worked out, I can create a new up-to-date thread for 3930k sabertooth x79 system.

Currently I can't get the following to work:

• USB 3: it's not even recognized by the OS that I have these ports, and anything plugged into them (including non-usb 3 stuff) is not recognized.
  • Wierd video-playing freezes: the application (like Quicktime or youtube) just freezes when I try to play video
  • Audio: tried Toleda's interim patch and it doesn't work

Just FYI for folks contemplating a new build with newer bioses and newest multi beast, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back