Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
qwerty,
I'm in the same boat as you, but it sounds like your a step ahead. Please put together a guide if possible. I, and I'm sure many others, would really appreciate it.

Have you tried Caldigit for 3rd party usb3?

David

qwerty,
I'm in the same boat as you, but it sounds like your a step ahead. Please put together a guide if possible. I, and I'm sure many others, would really appreciate it.

Have you tried Caldigit for 3rd party usb3?

David

Definitely use the Caldigit option in the newest multibeast to get USB3 working! I learned that the hard way!

Qwerty,
Would you mind posting a screen shot of your Multibeast settings? I can boot just fine with the flags GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x3000, but when I try to select for these in MB I get an extremely slow boot (10 mins on the Apple splash screen).

I found the check box in MB for GraphicsEnabler=No and npci=0x3000. Is there one I'm missing for cpus=1?

Thanks, David

Qwerty,
Would you mind posting a screen shot of your Multibeast settings? I can boot just fine with the flags GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x3000, but when I try to select for these in MB I get an extremely slow boot (10 mins on the Apple splash screen).

I found the check box in MB for GraphicsEnabler=No and npci=0x3000. Is there one I'm missing for cpus=1?

Thanks, David

You don't want cpus=1 for your stable, finsihed machine: that makes the CPU only use 1 core! Not good. You use that just to get into Multibeast, etc. Look at a user's build guide on here named "erik" he has a x79 board but with a different processor. That will get you all the way to everything except audio--for that, follow the links he has there to Toleda's interim HDA kext and also look at what Toleda says in the thread about "auido troubles with x79 (sabertooth)". You're going to have to do a couple of things to get it going.

I'm still trying to sort out a minor issue with restarts, etc., but once that gets done, and I've tested a few other things, I'll throw up a build description and guide. Might be an end-of-the-week thing. Also, I'm not doing Raid 0 as I don't have a need for it, and it really seems overboard for any but the highest end video (4k and up), and then it just seems impractal as your going to have have terabytes of SSD. Only with a mobile editing PC station, could I see it being worthwhile for Raid 0 ssd setup... but that's just my two cents!

Why not this MoBo.... Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Motherboard?

I to do video editing as well as color-grading. Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve 9 (Lite). I also want to use the GTX 670 grphx card. And Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K

Thanks

I bought the exact same build except with a GTX 680 and since people are saying this thread is outdated do you have any new guide?

I will try to get it working end of this week... Hopefully.

Kuddos at Yo Mang and Qwerty

Dave

I bought the exact same build except with a GTX 680 and since people are saying this thread is outdated do you have any new guide?

Thanks Dave,

No I do not have a new guide. Just been reading and following stuff from this forum/blog & site. I'm trying to build a stable Hacky to run FCProX & DaVinci Resolve.

Hi Guys....

I think Yo Mang's guide is a bit dated for people trying to build a similar machine now. He's using a different version of Multibeast, with a different Bios, etc.

I have essentially the same system as him now, and I'm trying to get it up and running. I've had to scour around to figure out solutions to various problems, and I still have some problems. Hopefully if I can get things worked out, I can create a new up-to-date thread for 3930k sabertooth x79 system.

Currently I can't get the following to work:

• USB 3: it's not even recognized by the OS that I have these ports, and anything plugged into them (including non-usb 3 stuff) is not recognized.
  • Wierd video-playing freezes: the application (like Quicktime or youtube) just freezes when I try to play video
  • Audio: tried Toleda's interim patch and it doesn't work

Just FYI for folks contemplating a new build with newer bioses and newest multi beast, etc.

Just to add sth. from my experience:
1.The problems with video playback freezes are coming from improper audio kext.
2. I've soved this using VoodooHDA 0.2.56 option in latest MultiBeast.

Just to add sth. from my experience:
1.The problems with video playback freezes are coming from improper audio kext.
2. I've soved this using VoodooHDA 0.2.56 option in latest MultiBeast.

Good contribution!

BTW, as I said before to get USB 3 working make sure to use the "CalDigit" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back