Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys... and especially those of you who have gone (and still are!) NUTS over sound not working in ML 10.8.x!

I think I might have accidentally found why no sound is coming out EVEN if you strictly follow the excellent tutorial by Tom Sawyer. The solution is stupid beyond and of you expectation and it's all about... wrong mapping of LINE OUT connectors in AppleHDA drivers for ALC892 (possibly same situation for other ALC8xx).
After uselessly to downgrade the BIOS version to the "praised to work" versions 1203 or 1104 it just occurred to me to kneel down to my PC case, look at the back of it and - while having VLC playing whatever music! - randomly changing the stereo jack from my speakers through all the existing inputs in the back panel of the mother board and... SURPRISE!!! It's working!
Told you it's stupid but... while, like most normal people I initially stuck the stereo jack in the classic LINE OUT (green plug) it eventually proved that the two LINE OUT (as they appear in the Apple Sound Panel, in Output panel) are actually incorrectly mapped to ORANGE plug (center / sub-woofer) and BLACK plug (rear speaker out).
So:
1. follow Tom Sawyer's excellent explanation about how to use both 5.x.x and 4.6.1 versions of Multibeast to get AppleHDA correctly installed for Sabertooth X79 ALC892 chipset.
2. choose whichever of the two LINE OUT presented in the Apple Sound Panel --> Output panel.
3. let some music / YouTube play.
4. switch the goddamn speakers / headphones plug from the GREEN connector to either BLACK or ORANGE one (try both!)
5. enjoy! ;)

I can confirm that this is working flawlessly with bios version - latest as of now - v3203 in ML 10.8.2!

Told you it's stupid but... while, like most normal people I initially stuck the stereo jack in the classic LINE OUT (green plug) it eventually proved that the two LINE OUT (as they appear in the Apple Sound Panel, in Output panel) are actually incorrectly mapped to ORANGE plug (center / sub-woofer) and BLACK plug (rear speaker out).
Attach the AppleHDA.kext that has this problem.

I will toleda. I promise. Thank you for looking into this. I am currently away from home for like 2 weeks but will come with the file as soon as I'm back.

Attach the AppleHDA.kext that has this problem.

HI! Awesome build you got there! I just got my X79 rig up and running stable as it can be. Here is my build and benchmark results:

Core i7 3960x ES (OC to 4.6Ghz)
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
Gigabyte GTX 670 OC WF2 2GB
G.Skill Ares 16 Gb 4x4Gb (9-9-9-24)
OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 240Gb

Geekbench: 64bit 23200

Cinebench: OpenGL 49.47 fps
CPU 13.31 pts

Luxmark:

Simple Test - LuxBall:

GPU 104262
CPU 1415
Both 71068

Medium Test - Sala:

GPU 2002
CPU 170
Both 1772

Complex Test - Room:

GPU 4200
CPU 127
Both 4218

Don't know what is going on with the cpu scores... Cpu tests starts with good points but they go down all the way towards the end. And you got the same GPU but why are the results so different between us?

Hi you do not use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?
I can not boot without NullCPUPowerManagement.kekst
I get a kernel panic
GA-X79-D3 Intel Core i7 3930K

I don't remember much of the install process and i didn't make notes what i installed... bad choice... But is there any way i can check what i installed from multibeast? I remember that the only problem was gtx670 to get to the installer i had to use some boot commands...

I don't remember much of the install process and i didn't make notes what i installed... bad choice... But is there any way i can check what i installed from multibeast? I remember that the only problem was gtx670 to get to the installer i had to use some boot commands...

What tests you have in luxmark CPU? I have 171 CPU ((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back