Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Nvidia geforce GTX1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I'm also in the process of updating my machine, it seems to install nice when using the mach_kernel bootflags.

The problems occur post-installation (in my case upgrading from mavericks 10.9.5).
My motherboard is already on EUFI so I don't think this is the case of it staying on the gray screen with the mouse. Also my gfx card GTX770 should be supported.

Tried several bootargs, -v -X -f -kernel-dev-mode=1 etc.
Anyone else here that has the same problem?

Had this problem. I solved it by going to BIOS and disabled VT-d, and booted using the flags:
Code:
-v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000
It booted into the installer and installed like a charm.
EDIT: You can re-enable VT-d if you add dart=0 to the kernel flags.

Thanks for the quick answer, still getting grey screen with mouse though. Could it be something with the old TrimEnabler from Mavericks?

Even removed the Extra folder on Mavericks, but still the same result after a few cpu stepping errors...

*Update
Going to do a clean install on a disk I had laying around, will check back later if this works. If it does, it's probably some driver in the old Mavericks folders doing something weird.

I think a fresh installation would've been much easier even through the hassle of moving/redownloading apps and data. Also, the -x boot flag only boots up the essentials so it would ignore Mavericks' TRIMEnabler.
Make sure that your BIOS firmware is up to date, and if that didn't work, try deleting unnecessary kexts in single-user mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back