Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I'm having trouble getting the wifi card to work in my computer. The computer wont boot when i have the graphics card in and I cant boot when I try to over clock.

Build info. Running Mavericks

Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H
i7 4970K
32 gb crucial sport
GT 760 SC
Kingston v200 240gb SSD
toshiba 2tb HDD

I have a stable running build with no graphics card installed, at base clock 4ghz. I first of all want to get the graphics card and wifi card working. I've been trying for ages! someone please help!

Hi I'm having trouble getting the wifi card to work in my computer. The computer wont boot when i have the graphics card in and I cant boot when I try to over clock.

Build info. Running Mavericks

Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H
i7 4970K
32 gb crucial sport
GT 760 SC
Kingston v200 240gb SSD
toshiba 2tb HDD

I have a stable running build with no graphics card installed, at base clock 4ghz. I first of all want to get the graphics card and wifi card working. I've been trying for ages! someone please help!

Did you remember to add "GraphicsEnabler=no" to the boot options in /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist? It's necessary for Kepler cards (GT 6xx/7xx). See http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...7xx-kepler-cards-work-graphicsenabler-no.html for more details.

Sorry, I am a bit of a noob. this is my first build. So can i run multibeast again and just tick that option?

Is there a solve for the wifi card issue and OC issue?

It's as if there is no wifi card installed at all

Sorry, I am a bit of a noob. this is my first build. So can i run multibeast again and just tick that option?

Is there a solve for the wifi card issue and OC issue?

It's as if there is no wifi card installed at all

Yes, Multibeast is the easiest way to add the boot option. I think that will solve the graphics card problem for you.

You haven't really provided enough information to go on for the other two issues. What brand and model of wifi card is it? Can you also be more specific about what you've tried and what's happening (or not happening)?

As far as overclocking is concerned, I know nothing. There is a specific forum here (Forums -> Workshop -> Overclocking) for help with overclocking, that might be a better place to ask.

Great thanks!

This is the wifi card
[h=1]Edimax 300Mbps Wireless 802.11 b/g/n PCI Express Adapter[/h]
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/edimax-ew-7612pin-v2-pci-e-(x1)-300mbps-wireless-adaptor

Nothing happens at all. I go into networking and there is no option for wifi at all. I saw somewhere that you have to dusable ethernet on the mother board but I honestly dont know what im doing in that respect. I cant find it in the motherboard bios

Yes, Multibeast is the easiest way to add the boot option. I think that will solve the graphics card problem for you.

Did that and shut down, installed the card and now it wont get passed the apple logo boot screen the loading timer just keeps spinning

Great thanks!

This is the wifi card
Edimax 300Mbps Wireless 802.11 b/g/n PCI Express Adapter

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/edimax-ew-7612pin-v2-pci-e-(x1)-300mbps-wireless-adaptor

Nothing happens at all. I go into networking and there is no option for wifi at all. I saw somewhere that you have to dusable ethernet on the mother board but I honestly dont know what im doing in that respect. I cant find it in the motherboard bios

The link you posted clearly says this card is unsupported in Mac OS X (there's a red "X" indicating it isn't supported). You didn't buy this card specifically to put in a Hackintosh, did you? Check the Buyer's Guide to find wifi cards that are known to work with OS X.

Damn it I must have made a mistake when ordering it. Ok well I'll order another one!Problem solved there!

I'm not getting passed the apple logo after putting that in with multibeast. Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back