Contribute
Register

Graphics Support in Mountain Lion - NVIDIA 5xx & AMD 69xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here know if the GT520 1GB cards work with ML?

My Gigabyte GTX 550ti 1GB OCed works perfectly fine in Mountain Lion OOB except with lag (and misreported VRAM, as in Lion), but to fix the lag AGPM.kext still needs to be patched.

Also, no sleep, 3d problems with wavetracing, flashing chunks in Minecraft, graphical errors upon wake from screensaver or display sleep. None of these problems were present in Lion.

planetetv said:
Hi everybody !

I read all this topic and I have a question, I have a MSI GTX570 Twi Frozr II 1280 mb on my new computer (asus motherboard) does that mean my GC will be natively supported or is it just for the Nvidia model and not the MSI one?

Thanks for answering me :)
Have a great day!

Actually thats depending of how msi designed your card ,there is no card designed munfuctuered in nividia its just make the gpu and provided it to msi and asus and other

Sorry for my english

vemacs said:
My Gigabyte GTX 550ti 1GB OCed works perfectly fine in Mountain Lion OOB except with lag (and misreported VRAM, as in Lion) , but to fix the lag AGPM.kext still needs to be patched.

I think you have to wait to the offecial release of 10.8 becouse its still in devoloping and testing
Another thing is waiting to the new imacs and new mac pros

Sorry for my english

hazemhazoom said:
Actually thats depending of how msi designed your card ,there is no card designed munfuctuered in nividia its just make the gpu and provided it to msi and asus and other

Sorry for my english

Actually, all the high-end reference design cards are very much made to Nvidia's design and spec, admittedly not by Nvidia itself, but for Nvidia who then sells these cards on to its partners. There's usually a 3-6 month period at every launch during which this is the case and for some specific cards, this has been the case for the entire product run.

Fermi Support 10.8

Dear Tony,

Please remove all Fermi cards from the supported hardware list. Every Fermi hackintosher I know has had serious problems with 10.8, and a fix still isn't coming.

Dear Tony,

Please remove all Fermi cards from the supported hardware list. Every Fermi hackintosher I know has had serious problems with 10.8, and a fix still isn't coming.

Give it some time before we draw conclusions, Tony may come up with a fix... ;)

Give it some time before we draw conclusions, Tony may come up with a fix... ;)
All the "fixes" i've seen either are placebos or cause KPs.

splash.jpeg

According to reports, NVIDIA 5xx cards and AMD Radeon HD 6950 and 6970 work in Mountain Lion without any tweaks, workarounds, and fixes.

:thumbup:

NVIDIA GeForce 570: viewtopic.php?f=276&t=50337&p=317016#p317016

AMD Radeon HD 6950 and 6970: http://netkas.org/?p=1049

I can confirm that the EVGA 570 Works "out of the box", was bloody great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back