Contribute
Register

Graphics Support in Mountain Lion - NVIDIA 5xx & AMD 69xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigO_tx said:
synnys, whats holding you back? I have a 2 GB AMD 6950 by HIS working almost perfectly in lion atm. All you need is the latest Chimera, ATY_init.kext, and netkas' patched ATIRadeonx3000.kext, ATIRadeonx3000GL.bundle, and ATI6000Controller.kext

EDIT: You will get a white screen at first boot. This is fixed by hitting the reset button and allowing it to boot again
From you bring this files and kexts and can i edit kexts to work with ati 7850

hazemhazoom said:
bigO_tx said:
synnys, whats holding you back? I have a 2 GB AMD 6950 by HIS working almost perfectly in lion atm. All you need is the latest Chimera, ATY_init.kext, and netkas' patched ATIRadeonx3000.kext, ATIRadeonx3000GL.bundle, and ATI6000Controller.kext

EDIT: You will get a white screen at first boot. This is fixed by hitting the reset button and allowing it to boot again
From you bring this files and kexts and can i edit kexts to work with ati 7850

If i understand you correctly, you cannot patch the kexts for any of the ATI/AMD 7xxx at this moment. Although, Apple will release these GPU's in their computers and we can start using them.

bigO_tx said:

Hey,
Can you post the links to these files?
I've been trying to get my 6970 to work in lion for sometime now but with no success.
Thanks.

I also have the gtx 560ti 448 core edition and im to a bit worried about the support.

Did you try installing the stock nVidia display and CUDA drivers? It worked perfectly for my GTX580.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back