Contribute
Register

Graphics Card Variation on the CustoMac Build - Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I’m getting ready to purchase the parts for a new CustoMac (first I’ve attempted) and I’m looking at a few variations off of the February 2014 Buyer’s Guide for a CustoMac Pro (ATX).

It’s basically the same list that’s there, but with a few variations, so it’s the variations that have me slightly nervous. I’ll
format the variations to make them easy to see.

Here’s the list I’m looking at:

• Motherboard - GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
  • CPU - Intel Core i7-4770K
  • Graphics Card - ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX770 2GB
  • RAM - 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 (8x2)
  • Drive 1 - SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD
  • Drive 2 - SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD
  • Power - Corsair TX 750 Watt ATX/EPS
  • Case - Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case CC-9011030-WW
  • WiFi Card - TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter

I’m pretty sure this will be fine, but juuuuuuuust in case there’s anything I’m missing by changing that graphics card to the GTX 770, I thought I’d check with the good folks here.

Is there any reason I'm missing that I shouldn't go with this list?

And, by the way, I’m intending to use this for video editing and photo retouching, using Premiere Pro CC, Photoshop, Aftereffects, and possibly Final Cut Pro X.

Of course I’ve seen some interesting things in the forums about the Thunderbolt ports on that board, and that CPU, but I’m not finding anything that scares me off of this. Please let me know if you see anything I’m missing.

Thanks!

Graphics card (GTX 770) will work even better than the 760. The case and power supply choice
isn't that critical. The Corsair choices for those will work great. You've got the green light
to go ahead with your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back