CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a build that has worked for several years. I do not plan on building anything new just yet but my GPU just died (GTX 670). What are your recommendations for a new and upgraded (6 or 8gb) GPU that would work with my current build by just pretty much swapping the cards?

Intel i7 3770K @3.50GHz
Running MacOS 10.13.6 as iMac 18,3

TIA

I have a build that has worked for several years. I do not plan on building anything new just yet but my GPU just died (GTX 670). What are your recommendations for a new and upgraded (6 or 8gb) GPU that would work with my current build by just pretty much swapping the cards?

Intel i7 3770K @3.50GHz
Running MacOS 10.13.6 as iMac 18,3

TIA

For new cards I would suggest getting a RX 580, which is natively supported in High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

For new cards I would suggest getting a RX 580, which is natively supported in High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.
Thanks so much for your reply.

My local Best Buy has it so I am planning on buying tomorrow, testing it and either return or keep it if it works. Do I need to do anything when I install it? ie run MultiBeast?

Thanks so much for your reply.

My local Best Buy has it so I am planning on buying tomorrow, testing it and either return or keep it if it works. Do I need to do anything when I install it? ie run MultiBeast?

The RX 580 should work directly without additional tweaks. I would suggest getting a Sapphire Pulse if possible.

But if you need additional functions such as HDMI or DisplayPort audio then you may need the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts.

The RX 580 should work directly without additional tweaks. I would suggest getting a Sapphire Pulse if possible.

But if you need additional functions such as HDMI or DisplayPort audio then you may need the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts.

I do not get audio through HDMI, I use the audio card on the motherboard. What would be the advantage of a Sapphire Pulse over an AMD? Sorry for asking so much, I am completely rusted and ignorant on this matter.

It's up and running. No issues!! Thank you so much.

I do not get audio through HDMI, I use the audio card on the motherboard. What would be the advantage of a Sapphire Pulse over an AMD? Sorry for asking so much, I am completely rusted and ignorant on this matter.

The Sapphire Pulse RX 580 is recommended by Apple for use in eGPU (external GPU) boxes with High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina. I use one myself and it works fine.

But since you already have a RX 580 working, just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back