Contribute
Register

GPU and after effects CS6

Status
Not open for further replies.
derpuma said:
filmafx said:
I think for AE CS6, only cuda cards are supported. I'm running AE CS6, 10.7.3, with gtx 580, working fine with 3d Acceleration.

No, i have a 6870 working fine with AE CS6. I use it as Duckweed with Atiports=4!

If you have it working, then it is possible to make it work. But how? What else did you changed to make it work? I Really can't understand why Adobe has released a product that ONLY runs with nVidia cards, it's a total nonsense. Cs5.5 was working fine with ATI cards!!

I did nothing more than the changes in my chameleon.org.Boot.plist!
Duckweed and Atiport=4 then the card was detected right.
But it depends on your brand and boardlayout, wich framework will fit the best for you.
just test it, thats what i did! I test all available combinations...

All available combinations?? Sure? there is literally hundreds of posibilities. My graphic card is ASUS EAH6870 1GB DDR5, i think that if Duckweed framework is working on other 6870 cards it should work on mine also. How do you know when the card is detected right and it is using the right framebuffer?

Also, i'm not sure to understand the npci=0x3000 parameter, what is it for? Using the ChameleonWizard it has a fixed value of 0x2000 and you can only check or uncheck it, i suppose that i need to edit the file with texteditor to manually change this value. Also, there are other possible values to try in this parameter??

regards,

fidoboy said:
All available combinations?? Sure? there is literally hundreds of posibilities. My graphic card is ASUS EAH6870 1GB DDR5, i think that if Duckweed framework is working on other 6870 cards it should work on mine also. How do you know when the card is detected right and it is using the right framebuffer?

Also, i'm not sure to understand the npci=0x3000 parameter, what is it for? Using the ChameleonWizard it has a fixed value of 0x2000 and you can only check or uncheck it, i suppose that i need to edit the file with texteditor to manually change this value. Also, there are other possible values to try in this parameter??

regards,

not hundrets, but a still a few...
my card was shown in profiler as HD 6xxx.

then i found a thread here wich was about the frame buffer and i did what they said and tested some framebuffers. some didnt work at all, some were very slow. duckweed is the bes for my XFX 1GB 6870.

have you tried to read wich framebuffer is loaded right now: type ioreg | grep ATY in terminal

I'm using duckweed right now. So do you want to mean that if i put the right framebuffer then i should see my card identified in system information?? Now, as you said it is showing ATI HD 6xxx. If i understood well from your comment i should change the value for all available frameworks until i see the card identified on system information dialog? is it right?

regards, ;)

I'm having same problem

Each time I run AE it crash with this error:

"Last log message was: <140735246686560> <GPUManager> <2> Sniffer Result Code: 3

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes."

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-29%20at%2003.54.00.png

My video card is a Sapphire 6870 and I have plugged 1 screen using a DVI > VGA adaptor.

Other issues is that the DVD Player crash also, I have readed that is related somehow.

I have updated my database using OpenGL Extension Viewer and still the same error.

This is the info in my .pllist in the extra folder if that helps:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Duckweed</string>
	<key>AtiPorts</key>
	<string>4</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>PciRoot</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any ideas?

Plug the monitor in the other DVI.

Mate94 said:
Plug the monitor in the other DVI.

I wish I could do that, my video card have 2 DVI: DVI-i and DVD-D, but the VGA > DVI adapter I have is only DVI-i, I could get a DVD-D adapter but it will take time to arrive, I wish I could try something else in the meantime.

dual-dvi.jpg

fidoboy said:
I'm using duckweed right now. So do you want to mean that if i put the right framebuffer then i should see my card identified in system information?? Now, as you said it is showing ATI HD 6xxx. If i understood well from your comment i should change the value for all available frameworks until i see the card identified on system information dialog? is it right?

regards, ;)

Yes, first switch all the framebuffers with 4 or 5 ATI Ports and have a look if your card gets detected right in SYS Profiler.
I guess it will be detected right by more than one framebuffer. Then test the one wich is the fastest for you. Use OPEN GL Benchmarks to test it.
If you use duckweed now and it shows stil ATI HD 6xxx this is not the right buffer for your card! Remamber that you have to set Graphicsenabler="NO"!!!
Wish you good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back