Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If anyone else has CS6, and have tried using GPU, it doesnt work with the card for some reason? do others work? Anyone know how to get the openGL recognized and working? it keeps errors out when ever you use anything opengl or GPU accelerated. It shows up in the preferences>preview>GOU information as ATI Radeon XT Barts and has 2.1 for version, but shader has nothing available? any help? hints? ideas?

is no one having this issue? or is no one else using After Effects CS6...or Photoshop CS6?

I think it may be because AGPM applegraphicspowermanagement.kext isn't loaded. how to make it load? i am using MacPro5,1

AGPM is in s/l/e

I have two macpro 3,1s one with an HD6870 sapphire and one with a GTX560Ti.
I have managed to get the GXT 560 Ti working in AE CS6 but the 6870 won't get passed the boot screen. I've read the same from ppl with 6850 cards in hackintoshs.

For those that need it, to get AE to recognize you card, show packet contents on the AE app files add your card name to the supported cards, everything works pretty well.

Jon@Swoon

well i can get it to open and i can edit, but in preferences>preview GPI information it says GPU not recognized or supported. Even though it meets standards. it is version 2.1 but no shader detail is loaded for it either. thats greyed out. I can edit just fine, but when i get to something that calls for openGL, it errors out. I think just to get it going with the HD 6870 i had to use :
• GraphicsEnabler=Yes
• AtiConfig=DuckWeed
• AtiPorts=5
• Darkwake=0
• npci=0x3000

and i am on MacPro5,1 (just make sure if you use it, hardware is applicable to the system definitions and you delete the AppleTYMCE.kext or else you'll get a kernal panic)

@draken182 i've added these parameters but AE cs6 still crashes on boot (GPU sniffer error) may be i'm missing something? can you detail how to get it working?

I think for AE CS6, only cuda cards are supported. I'm running AE CS6, 10.7.3, with gtx 580, working fine with 3d Acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back