Contribute
Register

Got a P7H57D-V Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the new SATA 6.0Gp/s are not supported. Disk utility does not recognize it. More news upcoming...

Wow.. this is weird, I changed the drive's cable to the on board SATA2 controller and now I can't get to the install screen, I got a kernel panic while loading the retail DVD.

Then I removed the 1TB drive, installed a old one, WD 500GB, still get the kernel panic.

So I reverted back to the 1TB with it's original cable to the SATA6G controler and now I can get the install screen, but no drive are recognized.

Bios is set to AHCI.

:banghead:

thelostswede said:
Strange, you sure you've checked all AHCI settings, as there might be as many as three of them.

I had to disable the SATA6G controler in the bios. Now I can get to the install screen of snow leopard and the SATA2 disk is recognized.

I'm now at Step 3 of this guide - http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... -from.html

Everything went fine now, I have booted in safe mode because I didn't installed the nVidia card at this time, I'm still running with the built-in video card.

Actually I need to leave, I'll get back on it later tonight to finish Step 3 and finalize the whole installation.

Keep posted.

Simon

thelostswede said:
Right, first H57 chipset.
The built in graphics doesn't work in OS X.
The graphics card should be fine.
Sadly you'd have to edit your own DSDT file for that board if you want to go down that route.
Apart from that, give it a go, it should work, but you'll have to make sure you manually set the busratio of the CPU before you try to install OS X as there's no native support for the CPU. This also means you'll have to use a modified kernel once you've installed it and gotten things up and running.

How can I edit my own DSDT file for my board ? Also, what is the purpose of this file ?

Thanks!

FYI - The built-in network card is working out of the box with this motherboard. - Nevermind this.

Are you booting with the boot CD or not when Ethernet is working?
As the boot CD has a driver for the Ethernet on it that makes it work.

The integrated graphics won't work in anything but basic 1024x768, hence why it "won't work". You're going to have to add the graphics card if you want proper graphics.

How's your Spanish? Start here with the DSDT editing http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... dtaml.html but the source for DSDTSE is in Spanish and they have a lot more information on their site.

The purpose of the DSDT file is to make your board work without the need of so many kexts and it makes your system more Vanilla, i.e. closer to a real Mac. This might not matter to you and it should be possible to get a near enough fully working system without it.

Sadly no-one here knows how to edit DSDT files for Asus boards, so if you can figure that one out, then you'll make a lot of friends here quickly :mrgreen: :wave:

thelostswede said:
Are you booting with the boot CD or not when Ethernet is working?
As the boot CD has a driver for the Ethernet on it that makes it work.

Oh, yeah, I'm booting with the boot CD ; didn't thought about that.

thelostswede said:
The integrated graphics won't work in anything but basic 1024x768, hence why it "won't work". You're going to have to add the graphics card if you want proper graphics.

Yeah I knew that one, I'm still in experimenting that new motherboard. Right now, it's a lot of troubles ; always dealing with kernel panics, switching hardware, reading, etc...

thelostswede said:
How's your Spanish? Start here with the DSDT editing http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... dtaml.html but the source for DSDTSE is in Spanish and they have a lot more information on their site.

The DSDTSE I've downloaded is in English. Actually I don't know what I'm doing, I'm running blind with this apps, I'm trying to fully understand what I have to do for that board.

thelostswede said:
Sadly no-one here knows how to edit DSDT files for Asus boards, so if you can figure that one out, then you'll make a lot of friends here quickly :mrgreen: :wave:

Jezze, don't count on me for that one, I'm still a newbie with that DSDT stuff. If tomorrow I can't get this thing running, I'll get back to store and switch for a Gigabyte motherboard. I need to get my new workstation up and running before the end of the month.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back