Contribute
Register

Gordo Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big thanks this guide helped me get my first hackingtosh running (bigups to Tony aswell ofc, read alot of his articles before starting).

Had to use a 16gb usb stick for snow leopard tho since I got read errors from the retail cd.

Gordo74 said:
rx7dude said:
I'm getting 70-80C temps under load using the stock settings (34x no Turbo). That stock cooler has got to go.
Can someone suggest an aftermarket cooler that will clear G. Skills Sniper Ram?
I don't intend to OC past 4.2ish
Thanks

I have a Zalman CNPS10x Peforma (About $30) and at 4.4ghz (upped it a bit), my load temps never go above 60C, idle around 38C, although that is in a hot room (78F)

Thanks. I ended up getting the CNPS10x Performa. Runs great and plenty of clearance around the ram. Temps are now maxing out at 55C. I feel like I just took the training wheels off this bad boy!

How do you guys measure your temperatures and ematos, how did you get to such a high Geekbench score at 4.2?

Could you post a screenshot?

cheers,

I think that's the correct score for an overclocked 2600k @ 4,2ghz. I only changed the turbo multipliers, and set the memory to 1600, the rest is all set to auto. These are my benchmarks:
@4,0ghz
@4,0.jpg

@4,2ghz
@4,2.jpg
cinebench@4,2.jpg

For temp monitoring you can use SMC Monitor, smcK-Stat-i, iStat Menus and may others, but for them to show you the data you'll need to install the correct FakeSMC plugins.

Starting to think that the darn Corssair H70's fail misserably. Even contemplating sending ti back to Newegg... Maybe pick up the Thermalright Archon or Noctua NH-C14 instead.

Anyways back to H70, temps are consistently 35-39 idle and 55-62 throttled up at stock speeds. Not particularly good at all....! If I invest in new fans for it will still cost me yet another $45 or so. Any thoughts anyone?

After all it's a 2600K I should be hitting 4.2 easy and 4.5 with decent cooling and 4.7+ with serious shenanigans!

Gordo74 said:
I'd say just get a good air cooler. Check the airflow in the case.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Airflow is pretty good in the case, just gotta get me a better CPU cooler >_>

What are you guys on air cooled 2500k's running at idle? I have one of those CoolIt self contained water systems that works like a champ under load but in a warmish room I'll see 32-36 degrees at 4.4 GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back