Contribute
Register

Gordo Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thermalright Archon + Extra TY-140 fan for CPU cooler, and 3 Noctua fans for case (two are replacing a 240mm). Should be good, I'll let everyone know!

Lion got some better results on the OpenGL test.

Snow:
cinebench%404%2C2.jpg
Lion:
Captura de pantalla 2011-06-11 a la(s) 23.41.07.png

eMatoS said:
Lion got some better results on the OpenGL test.

Snow:
cinebench%404%2C2.jpg
Lion:
Captura de pantalla 2011-06-11 a la(s) 23.41.07.png

I noticed the same, better scores across the board. Whole OS feels snappier. Don't like how we can't upgrade to release since DP4 so I'm just going to wait.

Having some issues with overclocking and can't find the solution, Up'd the Multipler to x42 and set the Vcore to 1.380v.

About mac only shows up as 3.31 Ghz but it doesn't bother me too much because i notice the speed difference; but when I run Cinebench it says im only running 2 Cores, my score is around 6.40/6.80.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi there!
I tryed today to OC my 2600k for 1st time. Multiplier is at 42. I stated that system profiler still shows 3410 Mhz, so I looked on forum for a solution, and found this thread.

If I understand, to show up the correct speed is cosmetic. And of course I noticed an improvement on cinebench results. Still, I'd like to understand why cores speed is not properly showed, and if there is a way to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Baoren said:
Hi there!
I tryed today to OC my 2600k for 1st time. Multiplier is at 42. I stated that system profiler still shows 3410 Mhz, so I looked on forum for a solution, and found this thread.

If I understand, to show up the correct speed is cosmetic. And of course I noticed an improvement on cinebench results. Still, I'd like to understand why cores speed is not properly showed, and if there is a way to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Because OSX reports the stock speed. No way to change that.

thanks for quick reply :) (and also thanks for your ga-p67a-ud3-b3 guide, which I followed for my system :) )

Gordo74 said:
Baoren said:
Hi there!

Thanks in advance!

Because OSX reports the stock speed. No way to change that.

of course there is... in 2009-2010, I used to use smbios injectors to make it display anything you wanted... or add the info to your smbios.plist

<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>4200</string>

unless that feature doesnt work with Chimera... it used to with Chameleon..
now I really don't care (about the speed reporting).

(EDIT)

yep it still works...

(EDIT again)
For the fun of it I actually put in 5200, and system profiler says 4.3 (maybe theres an upper limit to system profiler?) - geekbench reports stock 3.4 in the application, but the plotting chart recognized 5.2ghz... so its not perfect.

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/chart/show/432321

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-30 at 3.12.03 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-30 at 3.12.03 PM.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 263
I got mine to 4.3 using the conservative method (keeps all PM functionality).
1 core = 45
2 cores = 45
3 cores = 43
4 cores = 43

Turbo power = 120 Watts

This on air.

Load temperature steady at 70 - 72 C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back