Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

This is a little confusing to me. I found this forum the EFI folder with everything needed to install ElCapitan on my PC, but it does not work the sound nor the wifi ... My computer is:
- Asus pro x99
- 32gb ram
- Titan X
If someone could help me with the EFI folder on your pendrive will be eternally grateful. a greeting

Last edited:
BallsMcNadFrop - I'm using the same board for Yosemite, but can't for the life of me get El Cap installed. I also have some strange USB issues in Yosemite sometimes. I'm wondering, what BIOS versions are you running on your X99M Fatal1ty? I see some BIOS updates include USB changes, and I'm wondering if I should downgrade to the original version (1.10).

I'm happy to help with any issues you are having. Number one thing to do is make sure your BIOS "UEFI" is setup correctly. If you don't get a good foundation you will have nothing but problems going forward. As a rule of thumb disable all usb 3 stuff until you can install. Disable vtD. Disable the parallel port. Also, strangely it matters which port you plug your usb thumb drive into. There is a post that says to plug it into one of the ports between the fatality mouse usb port and the Esata port. This worked for me. By the way I am still having usb 3.0 issues. I've been able to get the hub up and running but everything connects at usb 2.0 speeds. I don't use anything but usb 2.0 and firewire so I really stopped messing with it at this point.

Questions for you: Did you buy a separate graphics card with native support from OS X? I used a Geforce 8400 GS (like 30 bucks on amazon) and then ran with these boot flags from my usb installer - "GraphicsEnabler=Yes and nvda_drv=1, npci=3000" You may need to use the boot flag npci=2000, for the life of me i have no idea why but when i started out I was using npci=2000 and then at some point my system wouldn't boot unless i used 3000.

I bet that your issue is graphics related, most of my install issues were. What I suggest is that you run with a boot flag of -v and then see exactly what the last line is before the kernel panic.

As far as the version of the bios I am using it is 1.4, I am also using an NVME pcie drive, so I updated the bios from 1.1 to make sure it would work properly, which it does now.

"GraphicsEnabler=Yes and nvda_drv=1, npci=3000" You may need to use the boot flag npci=2000, for the life of me i have no idea why but when i started out I was using npci=2000 and then at some point my system wouldn't boot unless i used 3000.

GraphicsEnabler="Anything" is not a valid Clover boot flag and will be ignored. nvda_drv=1 is only valid once the Nvidia drivers are installed on the OS which is not the case on a clean install. When installing with a 900 series card use "nv_disable=1".

Last edited:
GraphicsEnabler="Anything" is not a valid Clover boot flag, nvda_drv=1 is only valid if Nvidia drivers are installed on the OS which is not the case on a clean install. When installing with a 900 series card use "nv_disable=1".

That may be the case, but I am just stating what worked for me : )

I'm happy to help with any issues you are having. Number one thing to do is make sure your BIOS "UEFI" is setup correctly. If you don't get a good foundation you will have nothing but problems going forward. As a rule of thumb disable all usb 3 stuff until you can install. Disable vtD. Disable the parallel port. Also, strangely it matters which port you plug your usb thumb drive into. There is a post that says to plug it into one of the ports between the fatality mouse usb port and the Esata port. This worked for me. By the way I am still having usb 3.0 issues. I've been able to get the hub up and running but everything connects at usb 2.0 speeds. I don't use anything but usb 2.0 and firewire so I really stopped messing with it at this point.

Questions for you: Did you buy a separate graphics card with native support from OS X? I used a Geforce 8400 GS (like 30 bucks on amazon) and then ran with these boot flags from my usb installer - "GraphicsEnabler=Yes and nvda_drv=1, npci=3000" You may need to use the boot flag npci=2000, for the life of me i have no idea why but when i started out I was using npci=2000 and then at some point my system wouldn't boot unless i used 3000.

I bet that your issue is graphics related, most of my install issues were. What I suggest is that you run with a boot flag of -v and then see exactly what the last line is before the kernel panic.

As far as the version of the bios I am using it is 1.4, I am also using an NVME pcie drive, so I updated the bios from 1.1 to make sure it would work properly, which it does now.

Thanks for responding.

I had mostly the same findings when I installed Yosemite. I detailed my installation process here:

http://tonymacx86.com/threads/asroc...3-1-i7-5820k-gtx-960-unibeast-10-10-4.171754/

You're probably right, and the graphics card is the culprit. I had to use my old GTX460 for the Yosemite install, and then swap in my GTX960 later. I read many posts where people seem to be able to install directly with nv_disable=1 and a Maxwell card, so I was trying to do the same thing. I'll go back to the 460 and try again.

I don't have any USB 3 issues in Yosemite, though. It works great. If El Cap disables that ability, it may not be worth the upgrade. Luckily, I have a second drive to test on first.

Hi,

Asus X99 Deluxe here, with 5820K and NVidia GeForce GTX 960.
Tried all combos for speedstep (FakeCPU, Null, Xcpm), and if XCPM works natively, it is not efficient at high load.
As we all experienced, the one setup that works best is FakeCPU 0x0306E0 (E2 or E4 too), without XCPM, the appropriate CpuPm SSDT, NullCPU, and proper BIOS config.

I tweaked my OC and got decent results:
screenshot.jpg

Bclk is set to 124.5
The ssdtPRGen I used is:
ssdtPRGen.sh -bclk 124 -lfm 1494 -f 4108 -turbo 4731 -x 0 -b Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301

All is working (USB, Audio, BT, Wifi…)

My system is pretty stable except random sleep problems (works fine most of the time, but sometimes reboots when going to sleep or waking up).

Last edited:
Hi,

Asus X99 Deluxe here, with 5820K and NVidia GeForce GTX 960.
Tried all combos for speedstep (FakeCPU, Null, Xcpm), and if XCPM works natively, it is not efficient at high load.
As we all experienced, the one setup that works best is FakeCPU 0x0306E0 (E2 or E4 too), without XCPM, the appropriate CpuPm SSDT, NullCPU, and proper BIOS config.

I tweaked my OC and got decent results:
View attachment 194813

Bclk is set to 124.5
The ssdtPRGen I used is:
ssdtPRGen.sh -bclk 124 -lfm 1494 -f 4108 -turbo 4731 -x 0 -b Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301

All is working (USB, Audio, BT, Wifi…)

My system is pretty stable except random sleep problems (works fine most of the time, but sometimes reboots when going to sleep or waking up).

This is awesome! Thanks for the tips and clarity, I'm going to try later today. I'll post my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back