Contribute
Register

Going from one GPU to another: Quadro k2000=black screen and mouse cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why you have:
nvda_drv: 31 not seen that before...
This was a short lived entry for enabling Nvidia Web Drivers in OC. Replaced by nvda_drv_vrl=1 boot arg, IIRC.

When using my Quadro K4200 some older versions of WhateverGreen.kext (WEG) gave a black screen. Booting without WhateverGreen solved the issue for me at that time.

My K4200 isn't installed in any system at present. But when last installed it was working with a recent version of WEG.

My 2 x K600 cards work just fine with WEG.

Thanks. Tried the newest version of lilu and whatevergreen, still no cigar.

Last edited:
Just checking, you don't have the Nvidia Web Drivers installed with this card, do you?

No never installed them.
Can't figure out what is wrong. @Edhawk in post 16, I posted my config.plist. If you feel like it, you are more than welcome to look through it and see if something is weird.
Thanks a lot! :)

Regarding your OC config.plist, I would state the following:
  1. You should not be using your DSDT.aml with OC. Remove it and the entry for the DSDT.aml in your config. This is a big No-No when using OpenCore.
  2. You should not be using the following ACPI Rename Patches: Remove them from your config.
    1. GFX0 to IGPU - WhateverGreen.kext deals with this patch
    2. HECI to IMEI - not required on your Kaby Lake system
    3. EHC1 to EH01 - not required on your Kaby Lake system
    4. EHC2 to EH02 - not required on your Kaby Lake system
  3. You probably only need one of these Rename Patches
    1. XHCI to XHC
    2. XHC1 to XHC - unlikely you need this rename patch.
  4. Remove the following entries from the DeviceProperties section, you don't need them when using and empty framebuffer.
    1. framebuffer-patch-enable
    2. framebuffer-stolenmem
  5. Make sure Lilu.kext and VirtualSMC.kext are the first and second kexts listed in the Kernel > Add section of your config
  6. Remove EFICheckDisabler.kext from your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, you don't need it with your KBL system.
  7. If your USBPorts.kext is set correctly you no longer require XHCI-unsupported.kext, it can be removed.
  8. You should not be using the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry when you have a USBPorts.kext. This entry should be set to false. Also, this quirk stopped working in macOS Big Sur 11.3 or newer.
  9. You do not need to retain all the Tools in the /EFI/OC/Tools folder, you probably only need these three.
    1. CleanNvram.efi
    2. OpenShell.efi
    3. ResetSystem.efi
  10. You should not be using the NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > nvda_drv: 31 entry. This is for the Nvidia Web Drivers, which you said you aren't using.
  11. I assume you are running Big Sur, as you aren't using the UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries for an earlier version of macOS.
I have attached a revised config.plist for you to try, it includes all the edits I mention above. Plus, I have removed a number of unnecessary/unused entries to make reading and navigating the config a bit easier.

See if this revised config.plist helps.

Attachments

• config-revised.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 19
THANKS A MILLION for taking the time to look through my config. Really appreciate the time you spent on this !:)
Sadly, I still get a black screen with cursor. Will probably give up on the GPU now and see if I can find something else. Looking for a dirt cheap GPU with a singel display port (at least 1.2 DP).
Again, thanks for taking the time.
Have a great day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back