Contribute
Register

Going from one GPU to another: Quadro k2000=black screen and mouse cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corrected the above + tested in windows. GPU works fine.
I Changed the things you said, in my config plist (DSDT=no, LILU being first), still no cigar.
I have attached my new config plist.
What about nvda_drv: being 31. Is that correct?
Thanks a million!

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.7 KB · Views: 27
Corrected the above + tested in windows. GPU works fine.
I Changed the things you said, in my config plist (DSDT=no, LILU being first), still no cigar.
I have attached my new config plist.
What about nvda_drv: being 31. Is that correct?
Thanks a million!
if you are running your intel graphics in headless mode, (ie no monitor attached to your actual motherboard, only your nvidia card) then you can remove:
framebuffer-patch-enable
framebuffer-stolenmem

not sure why you have:
nvda_drv: 31 not seen that before...

also test with whatevergreen.kext disabled

always reset nvram when you make any changes to your EFI

Deleted
framebuffer-patch-enable
and
framebuffer-stolenmem
Disabled forevergreen and reset nvram.
Then computer would not boot. Stalled mid way through the progress bar. Both with my old gt710 card and the quadro k2000 card. Booted again with a usb key with good config plist and edit reverted the disable forevergreen.

Any more ideas?
Thank you SO much for your time so far :)

@trs96, do you have some tips and tricks for getting the card to work? In post nr 16 I posted my config.plist
Thanks a lot :)

do you have some tips and tricks for getting the card to work?
If it still won't work, go back to the basics. Recheck all your BIOS settings:

You could go back to Catalina, install that first, upgrade to Big Sur after you have that fully working.

If you want to start fresh with a new EFI folder and Catalina, use OC-Gen X app and make a new Kaby Lake based EFI folder, put it on a Catalina USB installer and boot from that. Make sure to use SSDT time also to make the custom SSDTs you'll need to add to the ACPI folder.

Thanks!
Will look into it (but dang, don't want to go back to installing everything again, but might have to).
Will look at bios settings first.

don't want to go back to installing everything again
Just test by booting from a new USB installer first, leave your existing install alone. If the new EFI works you can clean install Big Sur and migrate everything over from a Time Machine backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back