Contribute
Register

GK107 on Hackintosh laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not working for me, sadly. I gave up after trying all that I could, but I'm still checking the forums from time to time to see if anybody has come up with something new...

Still not working for me, sadly. I gave up after trying all that I could, but I'm still checking the forums from time to time to see if anybody has come up with something new...

Hey Silverkid, did you try 10.8.2 already? I want to make an installation USB including 10.8.2 so I can try it but I am not sure how to do that :(.

Yeah, I tried 10.8.2 and it changes absolutely nothing for me. Right now it would be interesting if somebody tried this : http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1603 - it's a new update for late 2012 macs and it might just make the 660M work, at least I hope so :p

Hello,

I'm contacting You because of the same situation with asus notebook - I have G75VW with 660m and 2gb vram,
What do you thing about future kexts that would support our card - will it be ever possible?
Maybe patching binary kext with pci id or forcing to see as gt650m from macbook or newest imac with geforce will help us.

What are your opinions?

I have the same situation, I tryed, messing with dsdt, with injection and without, changing the kexts for geforce, removing the kexts for intel and ati and still no luck.

The things I´ve got:
Full Res of my Screen (1920x1080)
Detection of The Card but not the memory. (It says 8mb and my card is a Geforce 650M - 2 GB)

Did you read this topic ? http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/55612-gtx680-works-os-x.html

OBS: My notebook is NOT Optimus I´m sure of this, because I installed Windows and Linux, and I have no traces of Intel HD 4000 at all.

bump

silverkid, I have the same laptop specs as you. let me know if you have any sucess. I've been having problems too.

G75VW w/660M here as well.

Same thing with 10.8.3 (the link above, the 10.8.2 patch, would not install). 0GB is indicated for gfx RAM, and tinkering with kexts (so far) has been fruitless.

*sigh* Never give up, but this is depressing as others have said, "so close"...

The only luck i had so far was installing 10.8.3 and running with no hw acceleration on 660M. I was able to install the OS only if I remove the NVDAResman.kext prior.

I tried patching with MultiBeast 5.0.2 drivers for Kepler. No Luck. I tried the same + bringing back the NVDAResman.kext - no boot at all.

It does not like to run on our 660m's guys and I am pretty sad about it... Let's hope someone can find a workaround and share with us...

Testing now as we speak. I will report back. I had to remove NVDAResman kext to get to the point of installation. I have done a ton of research and am optimistic we can make this work. chat soon.

any luck with 660m? I can get 1920x1080 but no hw acceleration and no wifi. have tried everything but no luck. Almost ready to accept that it can't be hackintoshed. g75vw w/ 660m.:roll2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back