Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Has anybody had any luck with the new Kepler mobile GPUs such as 640m, 650m or 660m? I've been trying to install ML on my laptop, but I can't boot into the installer unless I remove NVDAResman.kext, which completely disables graphics and it's no fun without QE/CI. If anyone has any information, please do share :D

Has anybody had any luck with the new Kepler mobile GPUs such as 640m, 650m or 660m? I've been trying to install ML on my laptop, but I can't boot into the installer unless I remove NVDAResman.kext, which completely disables graphics and it's no fun without QE/CI. If anyone has any information, please do share :D

I had to not install the FakeSMC for nVidia cards in order to get my GTX670 to work under mountain lion, since there is native support for it in ML, it just causes all sorts of problems if you install it.

Are you talking about the NVClockX plugin for FakeSMC? Because it's not installed on my system. Kepler is supposed to supported in ML but I guess not fully because I can't even boot with my 660m.

try no-injection and GrapchicsEnabler=no. my GeForce GT 640 (GTK107) works.

Doesn't work... still gets stuck at DSMOS has arrived and there's no kernel panic or black screen. Are you using kernelcache? What bootloader do you use? SMBIOS? Any kext modifications? Any special things?

Bump!

Come on, didn't anybody get the new NVIDIA mobile GPUs to work?! At least some more information?

Bump! 10.8.1 is out, anyone tried the update with 660m?

10.8.1 has nothing new related to graphics. 10.8.2 on the other side has new NVIDIA drivers and other graphic improvements. If anyone has a developer account and a 660m, could you please test if this new update works with this GPU?

hi! any news on gtx 660m drivers and Mountain Lion 10.8.2?
i'm planning to get such notebook myself

I am yet another person that would like to see the 660M working! I've tried adding my device id to the kexts with no luck :(

Any news on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back