Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 ELITE AX D4 + i9-12900K + AMD RX 6600 XT

UPDATE Jan 14, 2023: Newer BIOS versions may need SetupVirtualMap set to true in Kernel/Quirks in order to boot. Please, make use of OCAT to modify/update the config.piist.
I can't see SetupVirtualMap. How can I enable it?

Edit: I found it. OpenCore > Booter > Quirks

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. It work with Gigabyte z690 Aorus Elite DDR4 (non AX), Ventura 13.1.
Every USB Port works with a funny problem. I have the LG27GP950. For hardware calibration I need to connect with USB-Port. The monitor is not recognized. If I put in the same USB-Port a usb-stick, it works. I do not understand that.

Edit: I remove the USBInjectAll and tried USBToolBox. Everything works great.

Last edited:
I want update to Ventura 13.2. I.m on 13.1, and there's no updates available. Do I need changes in config.plist?
Make sure you are logged into iCloud. Then reboot. Try the System Preference > General to see if the update downloader is available.

If you still don't see any update, then you need to either:
1. Download the latest, full installer from the Apple App Store, or​
2. Download the update installer from here:​

I'm running 13.3.1(a) for the past several days, smooth sailing so far

Hello together,
I want to build my next Mac on this basis.
And I think it will probably be the last of its kind.
Too bad there is no detailed user build based on the Z790.
I am not very keen on experimenting, deal only superficially with Open Core and prefer to use the existing builds.

Before I order the components now: has anyone equipped the GA Z690 with 128 GB RAM?
What to consider and which RAM should I use?

Yup, 128Gb works fine for me. 4xCMK64GX4M2D3600C18

The layout is kinda tight there so make sure you get a slim CPU cooler if you plan to have 4 memory modules. I have Noctua NH-U12S Redux and it fits fine.

Back