Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 ELITE AX D4 + i9-12900K + AMD RX 6600 XT

After a while, I have almost nothing left out of 8 gigabytes of video memory.The screenshot shows that there are only 105.14 MB left, and 779.97 MB is occupied. Where did the rest of the memory go?So I was wondering if you could also watch how you're doing with this?Maybe this is normal.I have a monitor of 2560 * 1440,144 Hz, and the hidpi is turned on.I want to sort this out once and for all.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-12-04 в 22.44.45.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-12-04 в 22.44.45.png
    622.2 KB · Views: 54
Hi there! Well I build many more hackintoshes using diferent z690 boards, and they are all good! I found issues only with some memories, but that was something related to the motherboard (Asus and Gigabyte) and the memories brand and model, nothing to do with the hackintoshing because the issues where even bigger in Windows 10 and 11... So just pay attention to the memories you get. Pick some memories already tested by another hackintosher.

I went for an Aorus Elite like yours but your EFI wasn't booting! I got crazy for a day, and then the solution was to enable SetupVirtualMap! Probably only needed for newer BIOS supporting 13th gen CPU!

I went for an Aorus Elite like yours but your EFI wasn't booting! I got crazy for a day, and then the solution was to enable SetupVirtualMap! Probably only needed for newer BIOS supporting 13th gen CPU!Ys
Yes, that may be it. I'm awaring about this. Many thanks!

UPDATE Jan 14, 2023: Newer BIOS versions may need SetupVirtualMap set to true in Kernel/Quirks in order to boot. Please, make use of OCAT to modify/update the config.piist.

UPDATE Jan 14, 2023: Newer BIOS versions may need SetupVirtualMap set to true in Kernel/Quirks in order to boot. Please, make use of OCAT to modify/update the config.piist.
Put it on the first page, it might help someone else!

Put it on the first page, it might help someone else!
Sorry but I'm not able to edit de main post because it was edited by some admin fellow. It gives me an error whenI try!

Does your EFI also work with Gigabyte Z690M Aorus Elite AX DDR4?
I would only have to change the USB ports.
I guess so, you will have to map your USB ports for sure, don't know the differences

Back