Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

here you are, OC 0.9.3 and F23 bios. But I have some extra kexts, such as Chelsio T580 40GBDriver, you need to adjust it.
Also, I do not know how to remove SN, so I regenerate the NEW SN in this EFI file.

My sleep works without any issue on a dual 4K monitor setup. I usually choose the sleep option before going to bed click the mouse or keyboard, and wake up the next morning without any issues.

I use Windows as my daily driver and I had sleep working at some point in Ventura but only on first sleep/wake, then after that it would sleep and instantly wake back up so I thought I had it working.

I'll give yours a spin, thanks.

I didn't think the BIOS version would be an issue either.....

I have win11, Linux and MacOS, you might also notice that in the config file

Yeah I did.

Awesome so your EFI worked on F8, thanks for that. I then updated to F26 and it did the same thing as my EFI did before I messed with it too much - Sleep/Wake, then Sleep but doesn't sleep - displays turn off and fans still spin.

F8 it sleeps/wakes/sleeps/wakes.

I'll go back down to F8 again this weekend and retest.

Thanks again for the EFI!

Last edited:
Can I you post your BIOS profile too for BIOS F26? Thanks.

Last edited:
Morning!
Just upgraded to BIOS version F26; OpenCore 0.8.3; Monterey 12.6.9
All works fine. Now I don't have any problem from my USB HDD: the problem that cause the HDD to disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and so on when the computer goes to sleeping mode (giving me a lot of notification about "disk not ejected properly" that i need to remove every time) disappeared.
Sleeping/awakening all OK
Seem to me more reactive too
Good work!

Do you have the link for the mini guide?

So with my testing, any BIOS from F20 and later doesn't work. I looked at the release notes and it looks like GA introduced 13th gen CPU support starting at F20 and the earlier version is F8. I am using a 12th gen CPU and I think you are using a 13th gen CPU. As far as I can tell, things fell apart once 13th gen CPU support was folded into BIOS starting at F20. I couldn't get my system to sleep after 1st sleep/wake unless I was on F8.

So with my testing, any BIOS from F20 and later doesn't work. I looked at the release notes and it looks like GA introduced 13th gen CPU support starting at F20 and the earlier version is F8. I am using a 12th gen CPU and I think you are using a 13th gen CPU. As far as I can tell, things fell apart once 13th gen CPU support was folded into BIOS starting at F20. I couldn't get my system to sleep after 1st sleep/wake unless I was on F8.
Now on F26; I can go to sleep, wake, sleep, wake and so on without any problem. BIOS settings as suhhested in post#1 andF23 additional settings post. The only thing I didn't changed is the E & P core settings.

Back