Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

You guys have sleep on timer working or just manual sleep? I finally got to testing sleep on timer, and that doesn't work - only manually.

Update: Found the culprit - https://github.com/acidanthera/NVMeFix

@CaseySJ NVMeFix.kext might need to be optional in the guide. In my case, it's an issue.

Last edited:
Do you have the XhciPortLimit quirk enabled? Regardless I'd bet the issues you are having are related to USB Port Configuration. You could try mapping your USB ports yourself and see of that makes a difference.

• SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS-HS14.aml
    • Enables all ports including HS14 which contains Intel AX201 WiFi/BT module
    • XhciPortLimit in Kernel section of config.plist must be enabled

Yes that's enabled.
1695180731599.png

1695183002367.png

That's the option that I'm using.

Also @statusquo, you can check your logs for crashes /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

yeah, I looked into that before. The errors are kinda hard to tell what is causing what.

I was able to wake up my computer after hours of sleep without issues. Just the occasional restart during sleep is inconvenient.

Hi @CaseySJ, it was a late night but I got EVERYTHING working! Remapped my USB, Bluetooth works, and I remade BRG0 with my own GPU spoof.

Also, I was running Pugetbench for Adobe Premiere, and it would freeze then restart. It also did this in Windows 10. I found some other people having reboots with the 6950xt.

This took me an entire day but I fixed it! I had to carefully detune my voltage for my i9-13900KF. No matter what I did, adding voltage, etc, Mac OS would restart if it pulled more than 1.48v on CPU package.

Interesting enough, while rendering in Cinebench, voltage is lower but watts are high but doing Pugetbench with fast video exports would spike voltage but watts would be lower.

I’m holding stable at 36,000 cinebench, 2,850 single and 17,000 multi Geekbench 6.

Also of note, before returning, Logic Pro ran 520 tracks! Now it is 445. M2 Ultra is around 350!

So should I post this as a build? I was wondering if I should make a YouTube video. What’s do you think?
Hi mattbatt! I'm a newbie (and a lurker) when it comes to the osx86 scene. Your posts have helped me out tremendously, and I really appreciate it! I have the same EXACT build as you (same mobo, gpu, and even the same KF variation of the i9-13900), so as I've been searching for guidance your posts have repeatedly popped up.

I would absolutely love it if you made a build post or a video for your setup. The latest copy of your EFI, along with your specific BIOS settings (including your voltage settings) would be the icing on the cake if you have time for it. I'm planning on doing lots of video and photo editing work - which I gather is what you primarily use your build for, too. I think it's especially helpful that you've been stress testing and benchmarking your system with editing in mind, and that you've managed to iron out the small kinks along the way. Cheers!

Anyone else have a poping sound issue when using sound through the built in 3.5mm audio out?

Anyone tried with the latest macOS 14.0 Sonoma?

I have a working config with ventura, after a clean install of sonoma, everything seems work fine. I have sleep, wakeup. but after I restart computer and login again, sonoma said "the computer shutdown because of a problem."

But when I add the "-v" in boot-args, and reboot again, I even tried to record the screen with slo-mo video, I didn't see any errors when I reboot.

But this "the computer shutdown because of a problem." keeps showing every time.

Anyone tried with the latest macOS 14.0 Sonoma?

I have a working config with ventura, after a clean install of sonoma, everything seems work fine. I have sleep, wakeup. but after I restart computer and login again, sonoma said "the computer shutdown because of a problem."

But when I add the "-v" in boot-args, and reboot again, I even tried to record the screen with slo-mo video, I didn't see any errors when I reboot.

But this "the computer shutdown because of a problem." keeps showing every time.
Others are reporting this problem, too.

absolutely
i've tried with amd/intel cpu's
by default memory works on 3200mhz (in case of 4 dimms installed)
i've tried to increase frequency to 3400 - system is very unstable.
if 3600 - system doesn't start at all
I have 4 dimms and running my build at 3600. It has always been sorta unstable but up until now I just blamed the fact that this was a hackintosh. Maybe I should set it to 3200. Maybe it is actually running at 3200 and it's only saying it is running at 3600. But it is booting, at least.

I have 4 dimms and running my build at 3600. It has always been sorta unstable but up until now I just blamed the fact that this was a hackintosh. Maybe I should set it to 3200. Maybe it is actually running at 3200 and it's only saying it is running at 3600. But it is booting, at least.
Memory can be huge factor is system stability.

Back