Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

A pleasant surprise! Some questions:
  • Are you using the same Gigabyte Z690 Aero G?
  • Do you have a GC-Maple Ridge? If so, it should be installed into the middle long slot.
Attached is latest experimental Maple Ridge SSDT for the Aero G middle slot. The following ACPI Patch is also needed:
View attachment 535104
Were you able to get hot swap working with Titan Ridge or Maple Ridge? Using z690 Gigabyte?

Were you able to get hot swap working with Titan Ridge or Maple Ridge? Using z690 Gigabyte?
Thunderbolt hot plug on Z690 works with GC-Titan Ridge, but best results are with flashed firmware.

@CaseySJ

THANK YOU!!! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!

The SSDT-TITAN-RIDGE-V1-NO-HS.aml file works perfectly for my Titan Ridge v1 card. Hot plug and also USB-C devices plugged into the ports work. System Information -> PCI also now shows the TB info.

All is good. Thank you.
Hello

I have a z690 GA MB using a titan ridge card & thunderbolt 3 dock

when you downloaded the SSDT-TITAN-RIDGE.aml file did you have to modify the file itself before getting to to work with hotswap? and what slot do you have the titan ridge card in last slot on the motherboard?

Hello

I have a z690 GA MB using a titan ridge card & thunderbolt 3 dock

when you downloaded the SSDT-TITAN-RIDGE.aml file did you have to modify the file itself before getting to to work with hotswap? and what slot do you have the titan ridge card in last slot on the motherboard?

@stormtrooper

No modifications of the SSDT-TITAN-RIDGE-V1.aml file (attached below) were required. My flashed Titan Ridge card is NOT in the bottom/last slot, but in the slot above it labeled PCIEX4_1.

Attachments

• SSDT-TITAN-RIDGE-V1.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 20
@stormtrooper

No modifications of the SSDT-TITAN-RIDGE-V1.aml file (attached below) were required. My flashed Titan Ridge card is NOT in the bottom/last slot, but in the slot above it labeled PCIEX4_1.
Thank you for your responce

i dont have a flashed titan ridge card does it need to be flashed for hot swap to work?

Thank you for your responce

i dont have a flashed titan ridge card does it need to be flashed for hot swap to work?

@stormtrooper

I don't know how non-flashed would work. Test it and see.

It’s been a while since I tested an unflashed GC-Titan Ridge on this board. My experience is likely documented earlier in this thread. I believe hot plug was unreliable. After flashing, it became quite solid.

But one should of course try unflashed for themselves.

It’s been a while since I tested an unflashed GC-Titan Ridge on this board. My experience is likely documented earlier in this thread. I believe hot plug was unreliable. After flashing, it became quite solid.

Thank you

My card is not flashed, and I cannot get hot swap to work after following all the steps..I guess the card needs to be flashed.

Is the flashing process the same for Mac Pro cheese grader as it is for hackintosh?

My card is not flashed, and I cannot get hot swap to work after following all the steps..I guess the card needs to be flashed.

Is the flashing process the same for Mac Pro cheese grader as it is for hackintosh?

@stormtrooper

CaseySJ has a great collection of mini-guides on how to flash various motherboards as well as Titan Ridge cards for Thunderbolt. I suggest you start your investigation at this link. Or do your own searching on this forum.

Back