Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi CaseySJ,
So I had the CPU info showing up correctly until i installed the security update 13.4.1 (c). I made no changes to the config file and checked to see if all was Kosher and it is. Any thoughts?
I’ll install Sonoma soon on one of my Z690 systems and see what’s happening with RestrictEvents. I’ve only installed Sonoma so far on Z390 Designare, Asus X670E Gene, and my Apple Silicon MacBook Pro. Fortunately the weekend is here!

I’ll install Sonoma soon on one of my Z690 systems and see what’s happening with RestrictEvents. I’ve only installed Sonoma so far on Z390 Designare, Asus X670E Gene, and my Apple Silicon MacBook Pro. Fortunately the weekend is here!
@lightmanrt,

On my Asus ROG Strix Z690-i (mini-ITX) I am not seeing any issue related to RestrictEvents:
  • Processor name is correct
  • Memory is reported correctly
  • No memory warnings either
Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 9.16.23 AM.png

To enable Software Updates, however, it seems we need to add boot argument revpatch=auto,sbvmm (at least this was necessary for me).

Last edited:
1689465743689.png
Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 5.04.53 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 5.07.40 PM.png

Processor should be Intel i9-1300K. Using shared configure is fine with Ventura. I also get a message that memory is not configured properly.

THIS WILL FIX Everything: keepsyms=1 agdpmod=pikera -wegnoigpu e1000=0 -ctrsmt alcid=2 revpatch=auto,sbvmm -revbeta

Last edited:
@lightmanrt,

On my Asus ROG Strix Z690-i (mini-ITX) I am not seeing any issue related to RestrictEvents:
  • Processor name is correct
  • Memory is reported correctly
  • No memory warnings either
View attachment 569091
To enable Software Updates, however, it seems we need to add boot argument revpatch=auto,sbvmm (at least this was necessary for me).
I have successfully installed macOS Sonoma on various motherboards, including the Gegabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC, HP 800G4DM, Gegabyte Z490 Aorus Pro WiFI, ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator WiFi, and Gegabyte Z690 AERO G D5.

My customized BIOS F22 dated 05-jan-2023
230109210551p-png.561533
can you please upload the custom bios gigabyte sent you
I emailed them several times regarding z690 ud and 13th gen using titan ridge ..they will not create a custom bios
I will switch to z690 gaming x if I have to

thank you

can you please upload the custom bios gigabyte sent you
I emailed them several times regarding z690 ud and 13th gen using titan ridge ..they will not create a custom bios
I will switch to z690 gaming x if I have to

thank you

Gigabyte made bios for 3 motherboards for me, supporting Titan Ridge.
Z690 Gaming X DDR4
Z690 UD DDR4
Z690 UD AX (DDR5) (not compatible with Z690 UD)

After uploading the Custom Bios, it is no longer possible to save any version from Gigabyte's website.

Attachments

• Z690UD_GC.zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 29
Gigabyte made bios for 3 motherboards for me, supporting Titan Ridge.
Z690 Gaming X DDR4
Z690 UD DDR4
Z690 UD AX (DDR5) (not compatible with Z690 UD)

After uploading the Custom Bios, it is no longer possible to save any version from Gigabyte's website.
wow so this version you posted is for z690 UD (13th gen titan ridge compatible)? wowsers. I thank you so much man gigabyte team on the phone and email in Taipei blew me off (no support no support tsk.)

can you please explain not able to save any versions from gigabyte's website (as in you can't change the bios anymore back to original bios from their website ? once you use this custom bios

Last edited:
wow so this version you posted is for z690 UD (13th gen titan ridge compatible)? wowsers. I thank you so much man gigabyte team on the phone and email in Taipei blew me off (no support no support tsk.)

can you please explain not able to save any versions from gigabyte's website (as in you can't change the bios anymore back to original bios from their website ? once you use this custom bios
If you program the Custom BIOS, you can no longer program the BIOS from Gigabyte's website.

If you program the Custom BIOS, you can no longer program the BIOS from Gigabyte's website.
so is this a bad option for future proofing the board? ..for updates etc.

Back