Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@Stork,

Some follow-ups:
  • Are Wi-Fi and Ethernet still down?
  • Is AppleVTD enabled? We can see this near the top of device tree on left side of IORegistryExplorer
Yes, WiFi and Ethernet are still down. See next post.

Good news, AppleVTD is enable per IORegistryExplorer.

@CaseySJ, For Ventura I "disable the Device Properties associated with the i225-V" in the config.plist. I now have Ethernet! Wahoo! WiFi, too, via the Fenvi T919 card in Ventura. Wahoo! Wahoo!

@lightmanrt followup from previous months on the whole WindowsServer crash issue - with a big success story. Turns out for my system at least, it's not a settings-only issue. Seems like anytime the GFX card video memory usage got to 90%+, I'd be due for a crash at any moment, especially when using in-browser video streaming.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a Powercolor Fighter RX 6800 (not XT) and swapped out my Sapphire Nitro RX 6600 XT for it. Only costing $150 more, it blasts the top of the line 6600 card out of the water. Using double the applications open and video streaming, going wild with open tabs, you name it, video memory usage has yet to peak above 40%, and the system runs flawlessly. I wish I'd bought the better card to begin with, but that's alright, the 6600 is now my dedicated eGPU card for laptops.

So, for anyone who just can't solve the WindowsServer issue in the future, even after their settings are fixed, I highly highly recommend just getting a compatible GFX card with 16gb video memory. It seems to solve all the system issues I was having, even with a lesser CPU than the one recommended in this guide. This system is now absolutely all I was asking for when investing in this build. Thanks everyone for the help.

@CaseySJ, For Ventura I "disable the Device Properties associated with the i225-V" in the config.plist. I now have Ethernet! Wahoo! WiFi, too, via the Fenvi T919 card in Ventura. Wahoo! Wahoo!

Hi Stork, can you please tell me the steps you did because I'm also missing wifi and ethernet on ventura,

thanks.

Hi guys, I upgraded from 12900K to 13900K last month, and at the same time, the BIOS had to be upgraded to F23.

But something confusing happened, when I was using Geekbench or R23, or even rendering software at full capacity, my system had a high chance of crashing and rebooting, and the system did not seem to record the crash log.

I've been stuck with this problem for a month. So far I've tried: enable/disable CpuFriend, replace CPUFriendDataProvider config file, enable/disable CpuTscSync.kext and CpuTopologyRebuild.kext, use default frequency RAM, limit power consumption and temperature of 13900k.

But unfortunately, the problem still exists. Everything works fine in Windows, and I didn't have similar issues with my previous 12900K. Do you have any ideas? Many thanks!

Attachments

• watchdog_27_08_2022_02_57.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 20
Hi guys, I upgraded from 12900K to 13900K last month, and at the same time, the BIOS had to be upgraded to F23.

But something confusing happened, when I was using Geekbench or R23, or even rendering software at full capacity, my system had a high chance of crashing and rebooting, and the system did not seem to record the crash log.

I've been stuck with this problem for a month. So far I've tried: enable/disable CpuFriend, replace CPUFriendDataProvider config file, enable/disable CpuTscSync.kext and CpuTopologyRebuild.kext, use default frequency RAM, limit power consumption and temperature of 13900k.

But unfortunately, the problem still exists. Everything works fine in Windows, and I didn't have similar issues with my previous 12900K. Do you have any ideas? Many thanks!

Are you system is overclocked (CPU freq)? you can try mine EFI
i'm using latest ventura with 13700k without any problems, bios is latest ver
i have some crashes when cpu is overclocked >=5.8Ghz
currently i have 5.5Ghz on all cores - works fine

Attachments

• efi.zip
    14.9 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
BIOS F23 can update or not ?

Hello @zzhou,

When you run Windows, is the system stable for long periods of time (let's say 6 to 8 hours)? I faced a similar problem, which was due to bad memory. The system would sometimes crash quickly and sometimes crash much later.

If you have a spare set of DIMMs it might be a good idea to temporarily try them.

Back