Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I did try it but sleep is still bad. Thanks for for trying.

I'm finding out a lot about the i9-13900K. You really need to limit the power ceiling in BIOS. Without a limit, it hits 300 watts and 100 degrees using the intel gadget to monitor. I limited PPL1 and 2 to 200 watts. No effect on bench scores but it does keep the temperature under control. With Geekbench 5 it hits the hi 80s. i have a DeepCool AK620 High-Performance CPU Cooler and an order in for the DeepCool Liquid Cooler LT720 360mm. In my correspondence with DeepCool I asked if the LT720 can handle the i9. Their response was that with uncontrolled i9-13900k it could not handle the i9 unless you under volt or lower the power limits since the mother board manufactures are really pushing the i9 to its limits. Otherwise, you would need a 410MM liquid air cooler.
I just lowered my CPU max power to 200 short and 125 long for my i7 13700k, and set load line calibration(looks like automatic undervolting) to 5 (max) on my Asrock board. My Logic Pro scores are still the same, and I hear my fans less, so it looks like these adjustments are an actual improvement.
I wonder how much of all these BIOS settings actually do anything useful. There's tons of them, with often rather unclear explanations

Which BIOS version is necessary for upgrading to Ventura?

Which BIOS version is necessary for upgrading to Ventura?
There’s no specific BIOS requirement for Ventura. If BIOS works with Monterey and Big Sur, it will work with Ventura. But we should update to latest version of OpenCore.

how to enabled Hyper-Threading Technology

z690 aero g with i9 12900kf

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2566-04-12 at 22.54.34.png
    Screen Shot 2566-04-12 at 22.54.34.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 36
It is enabled, but threads (2*8+8) are presented as "cores" (24) to the kernel because otherwise macOS would not validate the hybrid architecture.

@CaseySJ, I updated to Ventura 13.3.1 and lost Ethernet and WiFi. Of the methods I've been seeing in your Z390 and Z490 threads, what way/method do you recommend?

BTW, I updated OC to 0.9.2dev upon a USB thumb drive. I booted off the thumb drive, but no joy. Do I need to still change a quirk in the config.plst file?

@CaseySJ, I updated to Ventura 13.3.1 and lost Ethernet and WiFi. Of the methods I've been seeing in your Z390 and Z490 threads, what way/method do you recommend?

BTW, I updated OC to 0.9.2dev upon a USB thumb drive. I booted off the thumb drive, but no joy. Do I need to still change a quirk in the config.plst file?
That is strange...
  • Ethernet and WiFi problems should not occur on Alder Lake systems because the iGPU is not supported and not used (boot argument -wegnoigpu)

** All Z690 Aero G Users **

Are you experiencing Ethernet and WiFi issues after updating to Ventura 13.3.1?

Last edited:

Have you added:
<key>DisableIoMapperMapping</key>
<true/>
to your config?

Have you added:

to your config?
This should not be needed on Alder Lake systems or any Intel CPU where iGPU is not supported by macOS.

Back