Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

This should not be needed on Alder Lake systems or any Intel CPU where iGPU is not supported by macOS.
Perhaps it’s time to investigate the kernel again. More changes? Is Apple’s attempt to plug security holes resulting in broken support for certain PCIe devices ?

Perhaps it’s time to investigate the kernel again. More changes? Is apple’s attempt to plug security holes resulting in broken support for certain pcie devices ?
Are you also experiencing WiFi/Ethernet issues in 13.3.1?

I'm trying to determine whether or not this is a widespread problem.

That is strange...
  • Ethernet and WiFi problems should not occur on Alder Lake systems because the iGPU is not support and not used (boot argument -wegnoigpu)

** All Z690 Aero G Users **

Are you experiencing Ethernet and WiFi issues after updating to Ventura 13.3.1?
both of them are working

Are you also experiencing WiFi/Ethernet issues in 13.3.1?

I'm trying to determine whether or not this is a widespread problem.
I updated this afternoon to 13.3.1 with OC 0.9.0. Wi-Fi works (can’t check Ethernet), but I had to turn both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off, restart, and reset nvram for it to work. This is something that happens on my system from time to time, and after much troubleshooting this works best for whenever Wi-Fi starts acting up.

Before I have Ethernet. After restart, I don't have it. How to fix it. Help me plese.

z690 aero g Monterey 12.1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2566-04-13 at 10.44.17.png
    Screen Shot 2566-04-13 at 10.44.17.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Before I have Ethernet. After restart, I don't have it. How to fix it. Help me plese.

z690 aero g Monterey 12.1

Please see Post #2 of this thread for problem reporting guidelines.

@CaseySJ, I updated to Ventura 13.3.1 and lost Ethernet and WiFi. Of the methods I've been seeing in your Z390 and Z490 threads, what way/method do you recommend?

BTW, I updated OC to 0.9.2dev upon a USB thumb drive. I booted off the thumb drive, but no joy. Do I need to still change a quirk in the config.plst file?
@Stork,

Some follow-ups:
  • Are Wi-Fi and Ethernet still down?
  • Is AppleVTD enabled? We can see this near the top of device tree on left side of IORegistryExplorer

@Stork,

Some follow-ups:
  • Are Wi-Fi and Ethernet still down?
  • Is AppleVTD enabled? We can see this near the top of device tree on left side of IORegistryExplorer
In Ventura 13.3.1, yes. However, now that I'm back in Monterey, WiFi is working but Ethernet is "unplugged". Ugh! So, more work later.

As for AppleVTD, I forgot to check. So, I'll update you later today.

** All Z690 Aero G Users **

Are you experiencing Ethernet and WiFi issues after updating to Ventura 13.3.1?

@CaseySJ

I had AppleVTD active Pre-Ventura 13.3.1, and upgraded to Ventura 13.3.1 and OC 0.9.1 without any config.plist changes. Ethernet and WiFi continued to work normally for me. During the original build of the Z690 Aero G, I replaced the on-board Intel WiFi card with the WiFi card suggested in Post #1.

I'm back in Monterey, WiFi is working but Ethernet is "unplugged". Ugh! So, more work later.
Reset NVRAM and then shut it down for the day. Today, I powered it up, and I have both Ethernet and WiFi again. Phew!

Now to continue the Ventura adventure.

Back