Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Does anyone work within the Adobe suite? I've got a legit license running on my machine and whatever Adobe App I run, my system becomes extremely laggy. Every app I try to use stalls and slows down. It's extremely annoying. I'm on OC 0.8.1 and OS 12.4.
I had the Creative Suite installed on Gigabyte Z690 Aero G and ProArt Z690-Creator. Before my trial period expired I edited and exported a video in Premiere and tinkered with Photoshop. Everything ran fine.

Suggestion:
  • Run Activity Monitor and sort the list by % CPU before running any Adobe app.
  • Watch for any high-load process.
  • Then run Adobe app(s) and keep an eye for an tasks that consume a lot of CPU time consistently.

Does anyone work within the Adobe suite? I've got a legit license running on my machine and whatever Adobe App I run, my system becomes extremely laggy. Every app I try to use stalls and slows down. It's extremely annoying. I'm on OC 0.8.1 and OS 12.4.
I work almost every day in Adobe Creative Cloud on my ProArt. I experienced laggy behavior after upgrading from MacOS 12.1 to 12.2. Very laggy, VERY annoying. I later discovered the issue on my real MacPro 7,1 and rMPB. If you've upgraded MacOS recently, this may be the issue- for some reason the Adobe installation can become damaged. My solution was to completely uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud and then re-install. Again, this was not a Hackintosh issue but an Adobe issue, as I read several people on the Adobe forums experiencing it as well.

@CaseySJ:
HI Casey! You are doing a fantastic job with this build. Thanks to that, my own system (i5-12600K- MSI B660) is progressing. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1-I’m using the SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml. Is it necessary to add the SSDT-PLUG-ALT-12.aml also? Or just one of the two mentioned?

2-The SSDT-PLUG-ALT-12.aml is related to the motherboard that you use (Z690) or will work with the one I’m using? (B660).

Sorry if this sound basic to you, but I can not figure it out. Thanks.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ:
HI Casey! You are doing a fantastic job with this build. Thanks to that, my own system (i5-12600K- MSI B660) is progressing. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1-I’m using the SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml. Is it necessary to add the SSDT-PLUG-ALT-12.aml also? Or just one of the two mentioned?

2-The SSDT-PLUG-ALT-12.aml is related to the motherboard that you use (Z690) or will work with the one I’m using? (B660).

Sorry if this sound basic to you, but I can not figure it out. Thanks.
Hello @ricren,

Fortunately SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml applies to all configurations. For this reason I have removed the other variants from the latest 0.8.3-PRE EFI folder posted here.

Greetings. I've been working on this motherboard for about 24 hours and am I stuck (and feel really stupid). I can not get Windows 10, 11, or Mac OS to see any of storage (SATA or M.2) drives but it shows up in the BIOS (as seen below).. The storage also shows up if I boot up Ubuntu Desktop.

IMG_0273.png

I have double checked the BIOS settings and Open Core settings many many times. I did update to the latest version of the BIOS F8a and that is the only deviation from the Gold Build recipe.

The drive is a WD SN850 NVMe and is located in M2A (The slot located by itself) and has been not been formatted or initialized. Just to try something new I moved the SSD to the slot above the wifi card and I continually get the NO DISK icon whenever I try to load the OS. i appreciate any ideas.
IMG_0272.png

I work almost every day in Adobe Creative Cloud on my ProArt. I experienced laggy behavior after upgrading from MacOS 12.1 to 12.2. Very laggy, VERY annoying. I later discovered the issue on my real MacPro 7,1 and rMPB. If you've upgraded MacOS recently, this may be the issue- for some reason the Adobe installation can become damaged. My solution was to completely uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud and then re-install. Again, this was not a Hackintosh issue but an Adobe issue, as I read several people on the Adobe forums experiencing it as well.
Didn't work :( I uninstalled all the apps, signed out, uninstalled Creative Cloud app, then ran the Adobe Cleaner Tool. Then deleted everything I could find Adobe related in /Library; next ran Onyx and even went as far as clearing NVRAM upon reboot in OpenCore. Finally, I reinstalled everything. Still getting major lag across the entire system. I'm tempted to do a complete reinstall of the entire OS. Ugh.

Greetings. I've been working on this motherboard for about 24 hours and am I stuck (and feel really stupid). I can not get Windows 10, 11, or Mac OS to see any of storage (SATA or M.2) drives but it shows up in the BIOS (as seen below).. The storage also shows up if I boot up Ubuntu Desktop.

View attachment 551715

I have double checked the BIOS settings and Open Core settings many many times. I did update to the latest version of the BIOS F8a and that is the only deviation from the Gold Build recipe.

The drive is a WD SN850 NVMe and is located in M2A (The slot located by itself) and has been not been formatted or initialized. Just to try something new I moved the SSD to the slot above the wifi card and I continually get the NO DISK icon whenever I try to load the OS. i appreciate any ideas.
View attachment 551716
And you double checked your bios settings? In particular
  • Settings → IOPorts → SATA Configuration
    • SATA Mode AHCI (default) ?
Have you tried using Diskpart off of a windows boot disk using terminal? Try running the "Clean" command.

View attachment 551715

View attachment 551716
A bunch of questions...
  • Is this a brand new system, just assembled?
  • Has any operating system been installed already?
  • If so, which one(s)?
  • Are there any Intel Optane drives in the system?
  • Is SATA mode set to AHCI in BIOS? (select Load Optimized Defaults or press F7 in BIOS to start with a clean baseline).
  • What procedure was followed to create the macOS install disk?
  • Which version of macOS are you installing?
  • If using a USB flash disk, is it a USB 3.0 disk minimum 16GB?

A bunch of questions...
  • Is this a brand new system, just assembled?
Yes, Brand New.
  • Has any operating system been installed already?
No, all new hardware. I also booted Ubuntu and checked the SSD with G-Parted to make sure there were no partitions or filesystems on it, it is completely unformatted.
  • If so, which one(s)?
  • Are there any Intel Optane drives in the system?
No Optane drives, as single WD SN850 SSD.
  • Is SATA mode set to AHCI in BIOS? (select Load Optimized Defaults or press F7 in BIOS to start with a clean baseline).
Could not find AHCI in the BIOS and set it to legacy. When I press F12 I can see all the storage and UEFI partitions. I think the two choices are Legacy or UEFI. Also, I started with Load Optimized Defaults.
  • What procedure was followed to create the macOS install disk?
1. Downloaded Mac OS Monterey with gibMacOS
2. Created a bootable 16 GB Lexar USB. If you go with anything under 16GB Diskutility won't give you the GUID option.
3. Downloaded OpenCore Configurator and set it to development to match the UEFI Zip from post. Made the configuration changes then copied everything over to the EFI partition on the thumbdrive. The USB thumbdrive is the only thing that works. :)

• Which version of macOS are you installing?
12.5 Monterey
  • If using a USB flash disk, is it a USB 3.0 disk minimum 16GB?
Not sure if it is a USB 3.0, but it is 16GB Lexar.

Thank you for your help!!!!

Could not find AHCI in the BIOS and set it to legacy. When I press F12 I can see all the storage and UEFI partitions. I think the two choices are Legacy or UEFI. Also, I started with Load Optimized Defaults.
As @Leesureone mentioned above, do you see this in BIOS?
  • Settings → IOPorts → SATA Configuration
    • SATA Mode AHCI (default) ?

Back